MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/07/2010 02:50 PM

Hubs TDY tomorrow... I will be leaning on you guys

ncgirl
ncgirl  

www.julielivingwithlupus.blogspot.com

I updated some info and also posted a couple of pics in my profile for my MD Junction friends only Smile It's me and my youngest...

Hubs is TDY tomorrow afternoon - Friday afternoon so.. you are all my stand-in husbands for the week! Yay you! lol. I am pulling out of a flare but still not up to par. Hoping that with the hiring of a new Nanny and resting this week I will be okay while he's gone.

The Rheumy called today over my terrible GI issues and told me to not even take Plaquenil tomorrow and see if they clear up. If they do, I can go back on 200 mg every other day. Frustrated, I told them I only have GI Issues during flares and It's not the Plaqu... ugh. ~ Julie

09/08/2010 03:13 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Julie....your daughter is adorable....she looks like mommy. We would all love to be your "stand in hubby" we will keep you company. I think hiring a nanny will help you get the rest you need....good idea. I am finally out of my flare I think the infusion finally kicked in and also sleeping better just hope it lasts until next Wednesday when I have another infusion. I know that the vasculitis is causing my stomach issues....my rheumy always thinks it's my gallbladder but I had an ultra sound of every thing in my stomach and it all looked good......so it's proabably the lupus with yours and not the plaquenil....aww who knows.

Eva

09/08/2010 05:15 PM
ncgirl
ncgirl  

oh Eva, thank you. Praise the Lord you are out of your flare. I have had right side abdominal pain since April with a host of off/on GI Issues. Abdominal Ultrasound, Xrays, MRI's, HIDA SCAN and everyone says there is nothing showing up. Just hepatic lesions that that I am told are cysts, very small and nothing to worry about. had a GI Dr. in Advance, NC patronize me and said he was not going to do a Colonoscopy because he just didn't think it was necessary...? Huh?... I don't get it. My Lupus has been mostly GI from the start. When we left his office, my husband said "that guy was an A** and we will never give them another dime or go back there". So we told everyone on facebook, everyone in the neighborhood (Mostly all Dr.'s), everyone in the hospital while I was there, everyone in the family and all of our friends. See how that works? LOL Karma.

Sometimes, I just give up ya know?... I blog things, journal everything and take someone to every appointment as a witness that I have explained my symptoms correctly. I did a fair amount of crying today after my husband left for his TDY for 2 days. The Nanny was a Godsend at least Smile

09/09/2010 01:24 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Julie....it's hard when the hubby leaves but remember all your Lupus Family will be here to support you. I always take someone with me to my doctors appointment because I don't always remember things. I already have a list of questions for my rheumy and have all the symptoms down in my journal to share with her. I think that all of your GI problems are Lupus.....it's so hard to diagnose that the doctors just make a guess. I was like you had a lot of tests done.....wonder why your doctor didn't do a colonoscopy???? I just wonder about doctors sometimes. I hope your days and evening go well without hubby.....just remember if you need to chat someone should be on.

Eva

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved