MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/03/2008 08:15 PM

Lupus Remission

ahead_04
ahead04  

I was just wondering how long everyone took to go into remission after their first flare. I was diagnosed a little over a year ago and I have been in a flare since then. I am anxious to try for another baby, but my doctors don't recommend it until I go into remission. They say it could take a couple years!!! I really don't want to wait that long! Let me know if you have any information!

08/06/2008 07:57 AM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

I have been in remission for several years. I had a bad flare when I was pregnant with our daughter (age 16), and honestly it did take years probably about 7 before I went into remission.

Try not to worry about it though. I would think that everybody's body is different. Just do what they tell you, take extra good care of yourself, and the remission will hopefully happen. Smile

Hang in there and keep that chin up!

Amy

08/06/2008 08:18 AM
momwife26
momwife26  

What is considered remission. My numbers have been the same for the last three years and I have been really sick overall with pain and many different other things and the doctors that I have just say that since you are stable at this number don't worry about it. However I feel as though if I am still in pain and still sick every three weeks or so and miss days from work b/c I am too ill to get up that is not stable. can someone help me understand this? What will my numbers be like when I am in remission How will I know?

08/06/2008 09:35 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

When I went into remission in 2005 for about 8 months, I felt really good I didn't have any joint pain or anyother symptoms that I had been experiencing. I was able to exercise everyday and was going to my rheumy every three months instead of every month. My lab work was good I didn't have anything in my labs to be concerned about. In November of 2005 my daughter got married and I think the stress of organizing her wedding and doing most of the work myself I started to flare but after the fact. I always flare after the stress is over and I've been in a flare since that time. I still have some good days but I also have bad days.

Like Amy said everybody is different and you know how your body feels. I don't worry too much about my lab work my doctor usually goes over it when I see her and alot of the time my labs look okay but I'm still flaring and she really doesn't go by the labs but how I'm feeling-like if my joints are swollen and inflammed or my vertigo is back stuff like that. So try not to worry and rest as much as you can when your flaring. I hope this helps. Take Care,

Eva

08/06/2008 10:05 AM
momwife26
momwife26  

Thanks so much for your advice and I will keep it in mind. I have been having the hardest time in the last 4 years staying well and keeping jobs because with the work I do being out is not an option without advance notice. Just this past year I have found a place that is willing to work with me but even there I have to be careful and am forced to work on days when I really feel horrible to make sure I keep it. With three kids and little support I really have a hard time staying well. So please if anyone can say a prayer for me. Lucky for me my lupus symptoms at this point are somewhat minor I can still move and can do things on my own most days, but I pray that as I age it does not get worse given the circumstances.

08/06/2008 12:49 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

Even though I'm in remission- my labs are still bad. It's just that my symptoms aren't like they were. I have "lots" of pain and fatigue from the Fibromyalgia that I also have. But, my hair isn't falling out like it did, don't have as many sores in my mouth, etc.

I will keep you in my thoughts. You take care of yourself, and keep us informed on how you're doing.

Amy

08/06/2008 01:58 PM
momwife26
momwife26  

Thanks....I will and you do the same.

08/07/2008 10:12 AM
ahead_04
ahead04  

Hey fibroforever thanks for the advice. I was just wondering how your pregnancy went since you were in a flare?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved