MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/29/2009 07:48 PM

Drug Interactions...

fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

I haven't posted this for awhile. Had actually forgotten about it until a member asked about the site. So, thought I'd post it again for the newbies.

There's a website that you can plug in your medications and it will tell you if there are any drug interactions that you should be cautious of. It's a great way to see if there are any 'red flags' of concern. Then, you can print it out, or write down the interactions, and take it to your doctor to ask if something needs changed.

Often times, I think our doctor gets in a hurry and doesn't "think" about the meds prescribed by other doctors, even though it's in our chart.

Okay- if you're interested in checking your drugs out- the website is: www.drugdigest.org

12/29/2009 07:56 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Very good information, thank you. I have been in a bad situation like that once before where my doctor wasnt available and the doctor seeing me didnt look and gave me a med I shouldnt have taken I had a bad reaction and it took days to get out of my system. It slipped by my Pharmacist who is usually really good at picking up on it as well but we cant rely on other people we have to be very careful. Thank you again! Wink

12/29/2009 08:10 PM
breezyhope
breezyhope  

hi fibroforever, i went to the site and it was really interesting that some of my meds are showing as having adverse interactions with others - something to discuss with my doc at the next appt. what is interesting is that i have questioned my pharmacy every time i have gotten a new rx and they always say "oh, it's ok". sometimes we forget that we really need to be on top of this and not leave anything to chance. thanks lots! wendy

12/29/2009 08:45 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

This is great Fibroforever.....all the doctors I have have their laptops handy and always check on the interactions of all the meds I take and when I get a new one they look that up as well but I will definitely check out this site. Thanks.

Eva

12/29/2009 09:54 PM
Bunnyhugger75
Bunnyhugger75  

Wow, thanks what a great site!!!

Amy

12/30/2009 08:04 AM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

I know that even though some meds can kinda throw a 'red flag' for interactions- they still may be okay to take together. It's at the discression of the doctor. BUT- it's certainly something that we need to keep on top of. Cause doctors and pharmacists are humans and make mistakes too. And we must advocate for ourselves.

12/30/2009 08:52 AM
KJC1385
KJC1385  

Thanks Amy!! I always get nervous about that...I even didn't take meds together once because I was scared how they interacted...It wasn't until my next appt. that my rheummy told me that it would have been fine to take it together. But I still thought, better safe than sorry!!

12/30/2009 05:53 PM
heidiclouser

Once again we need to take control of our medical care.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved