MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/12/2009 12:55 PM

Cold Weather and Lupus

Gen

I was wondering with all the cold weather hitting most of us.... Do you have trouble with pain because of the cold weather?

I have so much more pain in my joints and my lungs becuase of the cold. I hurt so bad.

Do anyone else have this happening to them? What do you do to deal with the cold??

Gen

12/12/2009 01:01 PM
breezyhope
breezyhope  

hey gen, i think that the cold weather does make things worse. for me it is especially hard on my hands and feet (i guess it has to do with raynauds), i use hot hands to keep my hands warm and really thick socks for my feet. wendy

p.s. glad to see that you put up a pic - it is nice to see who i am talking to.

12/12/2009 01:06 PM
Looopie

I turn blue in the cold Gen, but I like the cold better than warmer weather - easier to breathe. When I turn blue, the myalgia is extra painful.

If you wear extra clothing, it may reduce the pain.

Hope that you will feel better.

Marie Smile

12/12/2009 01:09 PM
Gen

Its hard for me to except what I look like now.I have been on prednisone for five years. I have gainned 60 pounds and no end insight of stopping prednisone. My husband says I'm beutiful but its hard to except such a change. I also use to have long thick hair. Now I have very thin hair.

As for the cold. My hands and feet are so cold too. My fingers turn bright red then purple. Boy do they hurt. But also my lungs hurt so bad too.

Gen

12/12/2009 01:10 PM
Gen

Marie,

Just feeling the cold weather coming hurts me in the joints. I sure know when the weather is changing!!!

GenW00t

12/12/2009 01:13 PM
Looopie

Gen. It's not what we look like but who we are inside that defines us. We lupies on the forum have been connecting with Gen the soul within all this time.

Marie Wink

12/12/2009 01:14 PM
breezyhope
breezyhope  

gen, my husband tells me the same thing, he must be seeing something i don't - LOL!! you know, what is inside is what really matters! keep warm!! wendy

12/12/2009 01:16 PM
Gen

Marie,

Thank you for saying that. Sometimes I forget its not how we look on the outside its whats in the inside that counts!! Gen

12/12/2009 02:14 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

It has been so cold here in Oregon. My fingertips are always blue.If I pick up a cold glass it hurts......I think it has something to due with he lack of circulation. It doesn't hurt any other time. But, luckily not much joint pain. I was using thermal packs for my hands but used all I had. I just want it to go above freezing!!

Alison

12/12/2009 02:22 PM
Gen

Alison,

At least its warming a little now. Boy it has been cold here in Oregon! Gen

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved