MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/26/2009 09:06 PM

Feeling pretty good

jenkstrojanmom
jenkstrojanmom  

Thanksgiving went off without a hitch!!! My hubby and I cooked enough for a small army. My mom,and two cousins came over to celebrate this wonderful holiday. My kiddo ate so much he will probably not be able to wrestle Saturday I felt pretty good,I made sure to rest on Tuesday and Wednesday so I could play the hostess role and it worked out that I had enough energy to play a game of Guesstures. AThe familiy didn't stay long bout 4 hours before they went to other places,my son went home with his Nanny so hubby and I cleaned the kitchen and settled down for some evening football. All in all it was a great semi pain free day. I hope other had a great Thanksgiving. I will not be out for black Friday but if you go out please be safe!!

Angela

11/26/2009 09:24 PM
Bunnyhugger75
Bunnyhugger75  

I'm glad to hear your Thanksgiving went so well. Mine did as well, but I actually enjoyed the day before of cooking and this mornings cooking the most. It is so fun to get to cook in the kitchen with my mom. Of course it is great to see my sweetie enjoying all the food we cooked. I am just super exhausted now. We also went to my boyfriends grandma's for desert, I took them 2 of my pies and they were a huge success. Funny, it makes me feel like I still have control of one part of my life that I an bake a good pie. The Lupus seems to control so much, it is nice to feel good about something for a change.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Amy

11/27/2009 11:19 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm glad you two had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I also had a great time but I think I am starting to flare, probably too much baking the day before Thanksgiving its a good thing I take my Cytoxan on Monday I really need it. Wishing you both a great weekend!

Eva

11/27/2009 11:20 AM
jenkstrojanmom
jenkstrojanmom  

Oh Amy I am so glad you had a great day!!!! I know what you are saying about the lupus overtaking life,I made my very 1st sweet potato pie my hubby sat in the kitchen and watched me and we talked for what seemed like forever and to me that was the est part of the day. My pie was a hit to and that made me feel really good. Today is all about resting maybe we will have a date and see Twilight Smile

11/27/2009 12:33 PM
Bunnyhugger75
Bunnyhugger75  

I'm glad the holiday went so well for everyone. I am feeling it today though. I'm sure starting the methotrexate Tuesday is also contributing to my feeling extra bad. I'm worried about my ability to work while I'm doing the metho and still flaring. I have to work Sat/Sun/Mon and then again Thursday/Friday! Yikes.

Amy

11/27/2009 01:22 PM
Looopie

Hello everyone. I am so glad to hear that you all have so much fun with the family. Having nice times with our family surely distract our minds from pain and lupus.

I wish everybody happy times, and no more flaring (at least till after Christmas.

Marie Tongue

11/27/2009 10:16 PM
jenkstrojanmom
jenkstrojanmom  

Amy just take it a slow and easy as possible. I worked in an Elm. School with kinders big yikes so I know working and taking the Methis a pain in the butt especially if it makes you sick,my suggestion is just take it slow and pace yourselfas much as possible. Are you contantly sticking or can you pass off a stick to another phlebotomist? If you can do that like every other stick or two mabe work close with someone. Just some ideas but most important take it slow.

Angela

12/01/2009 07:11 PM
heidiclouser

I have delegated Thanksgiving to my youngest daughter. She cooks the turkey and we all bring something. It makes for a stress-free day. And I get to play with my grandkids Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved