MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/20/2012 07:46 PM

I am so sad

jimon71
jimon71  

I need help, I don't know how to be happy anymore. Today is my birthday and instead of being happy that i've been blessed to see another year, Ive been crying. Everyone tell me oh get over it and move on. Lupus has i feel destroyed me. I can't even look in the mirror anymore becaus of how the steroids has changed my features. I stay in the house, cause I feel people are staring at me. I don't even know whats the latest fashion or anying is anymore. I only wear warm-ups because of the weight gain. Idn't now how to get out of this sadness. I've stop taking clls from friends and just sit in the house watching the ID channel. What do I do?

11/20/2012 07:58 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

It sounds like you are very depressed. Call your doctor and get something for it, perhaps also talking to psychologist would help. Depression is common with lupus and it is easy to let it take over your life. I make myself go out everyday just to be out in the world. I also take antidepressants, nothing wrong wit that.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Alison

11/20/2012 09:38 PM
badgurrrl
badgurrrl  

get off the steroids they sux! and make you gain wait tell the dr... u want other drugs what r your symptoms... lupus gets worse hunny bunny... i jus came out of a 6 month flare in bed every day wanting to die... until i found the right meds and cut out all the wrong ones on my own... there r so many new good ones now... predisone makes you CRAZY and mean it did me... what do u take n wat r your symptoms?

11/21/2012 03:02 AM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

Happy Birthday! Even though it may not feel that way, I just want to celebrate you. Symptoms that you describe are very common in people who were diagnosed with a chronic illness like Lupus. I know for me, it was a complete life changer, and the first thing I did was get myself a therapist, someone objective, professional that I could talk to just to help me and be there with me as I navigate my new so-called life.

It is something for you to consider, and will help you get out of the house. I don't know when you go to see your doctor again, but whenever it is, it may be good to share with him/her these feelings that you are experiencing. As Ali shared, there are medications to help ease those feelings and help you feel centered again. I know I really needed them when I was going through the throes of Hypothyroidism, and I'd be willing to go on them again if Lupus started doing me in. And just having someone to talk to can help so much.

Please take care yourself. And know that everyone here wishes you well.

11/21/2012 04:20 AM
Orchidia66
Orchidia66  

Happy birthday. I cannot blame you it is a natural reaction. Lupus is a hard illness but we have to overcome it. We can because we love our self and family.

11/21/2012 11:01 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

A belated Happy Birthday....I agree with these ladies....their are many type of different medications that can help you cope with this, also you can see a counselor regarding depression.....depression goes along with this illness and many other chronic illnesses. It's difficult when the doctor tells us we have something like Lupus....we need time to adjust to our life living with Lupus as it is different from the old life that we knew. My life has changed and really I love my new life...I have learned to knit, crochet and other things that occupy my time at home....we just need to reinvent ourselves....just keep a positive out look on this...were all here to help one another...please post often.

Eva

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved