MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/17/2011 11:34 AM

chronic Lichen Planus

rachnado

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this group. I have had oral and vaginal/labial Lichen Planus for 26 years. I have had 4 surgeries to seperate fused labia and a scarred vagina. It has been a long, terrible, painful road. I wanted to just post to those of you suffering and let you know that there is hope. I am not Lichen Planus free but it is now controlled and I can have a normal sex life again and it is pain free. I had Kenalog injections and that calmed things down. Now I am using Clobetasol ointment and that is working well. Orally I still have more problems but I know the foods that worsen my condition and I avoid those as much as possible. Foods that are hard like potato chips, spicy foods and sadly chocolate. Be persistant and find a Doctor who knows about Lichen Planus and can give you the care you need. I have a great doctor who helped me so much.

God bless you all

Rachel

08/18/2011 10:53 AM
illbeshell

Rachel,

Hi-welcome to the group and thanks for the words of hope-I have had (OP) and VLP for about a year now-I was just diagnosed correctly with the vaginal-a month ago--found a great doctor- a am using hydrocortisone steriod cream internally and clobetosol externally- I do have internal scarring(some)-haven't had sex since January--I am so hoping that I too will be able to control this and have a sex life again--you give me such hope! I have read others who talked about kenolog--is that a steriod??? Welcome again--glad to know you and thanks for posting---Shelly

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved