MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/02/2012 03:32 PM

Golf sized fatty lump in breast removed or not?(page 2)

shoonu
shoonuPosts: 186

Thank you! You are always so sweet! MDA does not want them to mess with my breast here they, want to do the surgery.

BTW we have a new member from Germany! I speak German fluently and lived there for over 20 years so that is exciting for me! She needs our support because she is young and scared. Her forum name is GermanSun!

Love ya,

Shoonu

02/02/2012 06:01 PM
MonkeyGrandma

I know you will research and get as much info as you can to make your decision. If you don't mind the question, why don't you just make a list? Put it down on paper. List the risks and benefits for having it done locally versus waiting and having it done at MDA. Sometimes seeing things this way helps with the decision. Just a thought....when you are facing what you are none of the choices sounds easy. Best wishes and (((HUGS.)))

02/02/2012 08:56 PM
shoonu

I have made a list and it doesnt help any. I won't know until after the surgery if I made a good decision. If it shows up something bad then I would have been better off at MDA but if it is benign then I would have rather had it done here. My family doctor gave me an ultimatum: I either let him run tests and treat me or MD Anderson. What to you do? I cried and thought to myself "more pressure, exactly what I needed. My family doctor is very caring but calls my LFS a disease, so obviously he isn't informed.

We are definitely a complicated bunch !

02/02/2012 09:21 PM
mamas4monkeys

I wish I had answers for you. I wish "waiting and seeing" worked. Have you considered asking the magic 8 ball? I had one upstairs and asked and it said ask again later so I threw it against the wall for you. DO what you gotta do lady. Don't beat yourself up about things that you might know down the road- make the best decision for you with what you have right in front of you. Hugs.

02/02/2012 09:35 PM
shoonu

Your funny! I needed a good laugh!

04/16/2012 12:26 PM
shoonu

I am back! Had that mass removed from chest wall and breast. All went well and I had a Plastic surgeon sew me up after the other surgeon removed the mass. It was much bigger than I thought 4x5 cm! I'm glad it's out! We are waiting for the pathology results this week. I will keep everyone posted.

Hope everything is going well with everyone on the forum. Still tired so I will post when I'm a bit stronger.

Shoonu

Post edited by: shoonu, at: 04/16/2012 12:40 PM

04/16/2012 12:30 PM
GermanSun

Sooooo good to hear from you! I was checking the forum twice a day for news from you Smile.

I am happy that the surgery is already done and I am crossing my fingers for the results.

Try to relax and take care of yourself that you quickly recover!

Eine dicke Umarmung aus deinem alten Heimatland,

Sonne

04/16/2012 01:13 PM
shoonu

Danke! How are you doing? I was thinking about having both breasts removed but the plastic surgeon said that I do not have enough belly fat to make new breasts. I don't like silicone or the saline ones. So that kind of changed my plan. I have a lot of questions concerning breast reconstruction. You just had yours done. What kind of reconstruction did you have? They told me about different complications and it kind of scared me. I would like to have it done but I have to make serious decisions and weigh the potential complications.

Still really tired! I did not stay in the hospital . After the surgery I went back to the hotel and flew put the next morning.

My Honda Ruckus is waiting for me to ride but I'm too weak at the moment.

Lete know how you are doing. I thought about you a lot!

Shoonu

04/17/2012 08:33 AM
pan

Good luck with the recovery - and here's hoping it's good news on the pathology...

Pan

Post edited by: pan, at: 04/17/2012 01:32 PM

04/17/2012 11:40 AM
mamas4monkeys

Shoonu-So glad you got it out and I seriously wish I knew you were lacking belly fat- I would have flown right over and donated some! Take it easy- no ruckusing until you are healed! Great to hear from you!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved