MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/28/2010 06:17 PM

Update! No pity party for me!

shoonu
shoonuPosts: 186

Hi Ya'll (I'm a Texan)!

I had my appointment with my surgeon. He said he would resect my liver by removing the left lobe and some, possibly pancreatic tail and my one and only remaining ovary with a cyst, all at once. Sounds tramatic? He said I won't lose more than a coke can of blood. I would stay in the hospital for 5 days and I wouldn't be allowed to drive for a month. He said that I should live a long life! He looked at me like "what's the big deal!!"! The ovary, he will try to remove only the cyst and save the ovary (awesome)! He said I should have no complications because I'm young, healthy and thin. Love this doctor! He said I was THIN!!! He is an assistant Professor at MDA. He is a genius from what I read about him on the internet. I'm off the chemo! Yippy! I will go back in a week or two for my surgery. Wants to perform another pancreatic biopsy and also wants me to see the gyno oncologist before the surgery. I'm so happy about this. I apoligize to everyone on the forum for my unnecessary whining! I will have a some significant pain with the recovery but I'd rather have that than the mess I'm in at the moment. I must have aged 10 years with all this drama. I have been told three times that I only had one year to live! Proving them wrong, again! HA!W00t

My nephew (age 20) and his mom from CO will be there at the same time since they have his genetic test results back! I pray that he doesn't have LFS. I'm worried sick about it. Thought they would tell him over the phone if it was negative instead of making him drive so far to find the answer. I will keep everyone posted,

08/29/2010 11:01 AM
coffeediva
coffeediva  

This is the BEST news!!! I'm so doing the happy dance for you!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!! And don't you dare apologize for coming here with your concerns...it's what we do for one another!!

Hoping your nephew is negative as well.

09/04/2010 08:00 AM
nitereina

ooooo shoo!!!!!!!!!! yay! I'm thrilled for you...they never know- numbers are just numbers and really for us nothing applies. our lives are so precious and i am so glad he gave you what you needed HOPE.

praying for your nephew hon. hang in there...

09/13/2010 06:57 AM
merryjoy510
merryjoy510  

I just read what was going on with you... been off of here for a month or so. What wonderful news! So happy for you and praying your surgery will go smooth! what part of tx do you live in? We are near Dallas (Greenville)

09/14/2010 10:17 AM
shoonu
shoonuPosts: 186

I live near Wichita Falls but my in laws all live in Dallas! It would be great to meet you. Need to get over this craziness first. I'm at MDA at the moment. Surgery on Monday . Eeek!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved