MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/28/2010 05:51 PM

Hi everyone, I need advise

Steph411

I was just wondering if anybody could help me with some advice. I have been having issues for years with my body. My main complaints are always feeling exhausted, joint pains pretty much everywhere, a lot of canker sores(especially lately) and on and off sharp lower adbdominal pain. I also always feel out of breath especially when I exert myself and my heart pounds when i go up the stairs! I had recent blood work done to figure out why I feel this way. All the blood work was fine except my WBC count was 3.0(low i guess) So my whole point is, would I be overreacting if I mentioned leukemia to my doctor? Would I have way more symptoms? I don't want to seem like a hypo, but I've had no answer for years. Thanks in advance for any advice,

Steph411

10/31/2010 04:40 PM
suzzie63
suzzie63  

Hi Steph: I see your message is over a month ago, and not sure if you will read this or not. It does not sound like Leukemia to me, but you definitely have something going on with a low count like that.

My question is what did the doctor who did that blood test suggest. Also, how was your RBC. You could be anemic with some of your other issues.

I think they should run some other tests on you to find out what is going on. Do not convince yourself that its something serious, because it could be something that you just need medication for to get you stabilized.

Hope this helps if you get to read it.

Suzzie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved