MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/26/2011 11:42 AM

Lactose Intolerance not just dairy products!!

crayolla

Hello,

I am new to this group so please bear with me. I have suffered from gas, bloating and diarrhea soon after I eat for many years now. I was sent for all the usual tests, upper/lower GI, colonoscopy etc. but no one ever mentioned Lactose Intolerance. I am angry at the misinformation about lactose intolerance that is out there as I have just discovered that it is not only dairy products which I had been led to believe and why i never pursued that avenue as what was possibly wrong with me.

There is a whole list of different foods that contain some form of lactose, including Bacon, Turkey, cold cuts, YES, I am just finding this out!! I am now doing more research and after taking two of the enzyme supplements before eating my Christmas turkey I cannot believe how much better I felt! This meal would have resulted in about 5 running trips to the bathroom before!

I was sooo bad, it was at the point that whatever I ate I would end up running to the bathroom not long after consuming it. Most packaged and processed food has an ingredient in it that contains lastose. So trying to avoid it is next to impossible. Now if I take my enzyme supplements my stomach is not gassy or bloated and no more diahrrea!! It has taken me many, many years to figure this out. I want to spread the word so more people realize Lactose Intolerance is not just dairy products.

12/27/2011 08:35 AM
DarkPain
DarkPain  

Welcome to Latose Forums!

04/15/2012 01:00 PM
roguewolf76
roguewolf76  

Woah bacon, turkey? Aw man I reallllly didnt know that one.Maybe I should up my research.

05/27/2012 11:45 AM
Hiin

Hi, I am new as well to this group. I have been glued to my computer reading and researching this subject. They even put lactose in medicines!

I read every single label very carefully and look up anything that has

"tose" at the end of it. I'm sure I will settle into a routine soon enough but when you are afraid to go out to eat for fear of an accident because of

what you ate, it's frustrating. That's why I came here, to get information

and talk with people who really know what I am going through. I also take a

supplement to help balance out my digestive system, but it doesn't always

work. Trial and error. I love turkey and had no idea that there was lactose

in it. Thanks for the information. I feel like I am in a good place here.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved