MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/13/2010 02:03 PM

Hello

bstronger2010

Hello, I wanted to find a support group for family members of transplant recipients. I am 38 years old, and my husband is in the process of waiting for organ number 4. He had a kidney/pancreas transplant in 1992, another kidney transplant in 2002, for which he lost due to infection March of this year. He had type 1 diabetes, on-set as a teenager. His brother has had the same, so, we're looking at organ number 7 total for my family. Myself, after 15 years of living life with someone in his condition, it's starting to take a toll on me. I need to find some friends and support. I know he does to, but refuses to do so.

I have to keep going. Especially for our child that we were blessed to have had after having a transplant (with the anti-rejection med's), and fertility problems. I am finding every day a struggle to keep going. I hope to meet some new friends. God Bless to anyone going through this, or who has been affected by this. J-Ermm

11/23/2010 10:55 PM
meg40185

I am also looking for family support groups, and was glad to come upon your post. I am dating a wonderful man who had a kidney transplant in June of 2009. He has had so many health problems here recently, which make things really tough. Today he discovered that his creatinine levels have doubled, and he will be hearing from the doctor tomorrow as to what is causing it and what the next step is. I am scared to death and so emotionally drained. It's almost 2 in the morning and I haven't gotten a wink of sleep. I try not to worry so much, but it seems pretty impossible. He stays so strong through it all, and sometimes I can't understand how he does it - especially when I just want to scream! How do you hang in there? Props to you for being so strong! I can't imagine going through so much.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved