MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/26/2010 08:14 PM

Lactaid & rooibos cinnamon tea

want2know

I just tried Lactaid and was surprised at how well it worked. I have a lot of trouble with dairy but won't, now. I accidently ran across rooibos cinnamon tea. It helps my digestion as nothing else has worked. I had some ground beef, today, and decided to have some rooibos cinnamon tea with it. I didn't have the usual flare up of bloating and gas. I'm not going to tell everyone to drink rooibos tea. Just letting you know what it's done for my IBS. Make sure it's rooibos cinnamon tea and not a combination of other things. I never put sugar in my tea, either. My IBS is mixed that's more on the D side.

12/27/2010 08:59 AM
violett
violett  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Lactaid is wonderful. The first time you forget to take it before eating dairy, you'll realize how much it helps. I'm going to look for that tea. Thanks.

hugs, violett

12/30/2010 12:11 PM
Kimbaskicks
Kimbaskicks  

Lactaid pills don't work for me but I do drink the Lactaid milk. I'll have to try that rooibos cinnamon tea! Thanks for the recommendation!

12/30/2010 07:23 PM
want2know

I drink lactose free milk, too. I only use the lactaid for ice cream as it's a real bad one for bloating, gas, and nausea. I read about rooibos cinnamon tea but didn't believe the claims. So, I decided to try it. It worked. I use loose leaf tea and brew it. You could use tea bags if you feel more comfortable doing that. I'd always used tea bags then found out that loose leaf was better. I learned how to brew loose leaf tea by trial and error. Now, I wouldn't ever use tea bags. If you need a source for rooibos tea, please send a pm.

01/04/2011 05:17 PM
Jennie10
Jennie10  

wow that is great i am currently doing well but if i start getting alot of flares again ill have to find it thanks

01/05/2011 05:54 AM
purplegirl
purplegirl  

what is rooibus?

would plain cinnamon tea have any benefit?

01/05/2011 06:43 AM
violett
violett  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I haven't tried Rooibus tea yet, but plan to get some when I go to the store. Here is a link that tells all about it. http://www.ehow.com/facts_5122792_rooibus-tea.html

hugs, violett

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved