MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/25/2011 06:00 AM

oxybutynin

blondee8257
blondee8257  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

ok guys have finally started on oxybutynin this morning..wish me luck! dont like the side effects but im willing to give it a try. i have read a few peoples stories that they only take it when things get bad cause of the effects but we shall see. i put off taking drugs i have no idea about til i have to. have any of u taken it and if u have what has been ur experience w/it? Unsure have been doing pretty good till last night then out of the blue spasms was severe again. i have pain just like a menstrual cramp 'cept there is nothing down there to be a menstrual crampSilly ....lol. dr n druggist sd i could still take other meds w/this but sd i might not want to drive...mmmnnn. that suits me just fine!

hugs,

blondeeKissing

10/26/2011 06:40 AM
blondee8257
blondee8257  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

OMG....cant do this...24 hrs is enough for me 2 know i cant take it! talk about side effects, still have a few this morning. think i will just have to put up w/bladder..i will admit it seemed to help but no WAY am i putting up with this!Sick

Post edited by: blondee8257, at: 10/26/2011 06:41 AM

10/27/2011 06:47 PM
sneezy53
sneezy53  

I am new here but I am not sure if your dr told you when you get a flare up you can take these pills you can buy over the counter and it turns your pee bright yellowish orange and for some reason not sure why but makes the flare up go away quicker for my IC they have me on ELMIROM it is new and it seem ok so far.Whistling

Post edited by: sneezy53, at: 10/27/2011 06:49 PM

10/28/2011 04:50 AM
blondee8257
blondee8257  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

hi and welcome to the group!Smile so much of that stuff has analgesics in it and that is a big no no for me, i have severe allergies and really have to watch what i take. when i lay down at night the spasms are really terrible and he was trying to find something i could take to help w/them, i cramp like i am having menstrual cramps..thats a laugh, not been anything down there for a while!Sideways its not just bladder, i can feel them in my pelvic floor. not to worry tho, nurse has assured me that they could probably find something to help. i have been pretty lucky, thing have just gotten worse these last few months and i cant really figure out why. diet has helped me all these yrs...return to dr on the 3rd of nov for more testing to see what is going on. i take tramadol and zanaflex daily and those by themselves just dont do the job anymore.Sick

i dont take the elmironn, i opted to continue w/hydroxyzine cause of my allergies. i dont know maybe its just time to switch things around a bit!

so glad ur here and i look forward to getting to know u. feel free to jump in and tell us a little about ur self and ur experience w/ic.

welcome n sending hugs,

blondeeKissing

Post edited by: blondee8257, at: 10/28/2011 05:06 AM

10/28/2011 12:43 PM
AutumnSunset
AutumnSunset  

Hi Sneezy! Welcome to the group!! I always look forward to other people's input.

Blondee, I'm sorry that oxybutynin didn't work out for you. I'm not familiar with it, but sounds like it wasn't fun! I hope the doctor can find something else that will work for you. Most of the time, as long as I take plenty of Prelief (usually 3) with my meals, my flares haven't been too bad, or at least don't last too long. I hope you feel better soon.

10/28/2011 08:08 PM
nkier

Hi Sneezy,

Welcome to our group! I have never taken oxybutynin either. I have been taking the over-the-counter med that you are referring to. I actually get it by script to save some money. It can get expensive over-the-counter. I wish you the best. I agree, my pain is like menstrual cramps. I am worse when I am on my feet and I can only last up to 30 minutes and then I have to recline again. Fortunately my urge to pee every few minutes is better. I still never truly know when I need to go or not. It is frustrating going to bed feeling "like I need to go". It is also frustrating when I am walking out the door to go some where.

I'm glad you are able to join our group so we can give you support. It tends to drive you crazy at times.

Take care.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved