MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/16/2010 02:23 PM

Muscle Spasms???

shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problems I've been dealing with the past few weeks. My legs have been really weak, especially the knees. With each step I take, my knees shake & I feel as if I'm going to fall. The other night, I was getting out of our van & my foot got caught on the straps of my bag & I had a horrible muscle spasm in the back of my thigh. I had a hard time getting into the house, & had to have help from my oldest son. For three hours after that, my leg would straighten out & shake like crazy for appx. 30 seconds at a time, then relax, only to start up again after a few minutes. I wound up having to take 3 muscle relaxers to get it to stop. My 'husband' said the next morning that he was afraid it wasn't going to stop & he wouldn't get any sleep at all because he felt like he was on a vibrating bed! I'm just curious if anyone has ever experienced this type of thing & is it related to IC, fibro, or something else. Thanks in advance for your input. Wink W00t

11/16/2010 04:31 PM
blondee8257
blondee8257  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

the only time i have had real leg weakness was when i have overdone it! i cant be sure but i think mine is a combo of my pfd and ic. when it happens i feel like they are made of lead and i tend to leak more, the only thing that helps is getting off my feet and not just for 20 or 30 minutes, i mean like overnight or all day. i do have spasms in my legs, no shaking but the charly horse kind, but it is mostly when i go to bed at night and not during the daytime. if these problems dont get better please have them checked out, i cant have my partner in crime doing this!Kissing

Post edited by: blondee8257, at: 11/16/2010 04:32 PM

11/16/2010 05:25 PM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh, sweetie! You're so sweet! I think I may call my doc tomorrow & talk to him about it. I went through a period similar to this last year, completely exausted, everythings dream-like, weakness all over, pain, etc. But I don't remember the legs shaking so violently like they are. They were looking into ms at that point. Did an mri & said it was ok. My fear is that they were maybe waiting for another 'episode' if you want to call it that, to happen. I still have the disc from that mri. May need to do another one. I had a friend with ms & her legs did this, so you can see my concern. I'm sure its nothing, though. Smile

11/17/2010 04:59 AM
blondee8257
blondee8257  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

yes, it would cause concern. let me know what dr says!

11/17/2010 05:13 AM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Will do! WinkI'm a little better today, so far. I couldn't hardly move yesterday. My back was completely knotted up. Took a hot soad with epsom salt & calgon & went to bed.

11/17/2010 05:35 AM
blondee8257
blondee8257  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

glad ur some better...yeah i had a few of those calgon moments yesterday! for some reason been flaring this last couple of days, i think my bladder does not like meds they gave me for this uti!

11/17/2010 09:21 AM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hope you're feeling better, Blondee. Those UTI's can be fierce. The bath was very relaxing. May have to do it again today. My back is in horrible knots all over & hurts soo badly. Using my shiatsu massager right now. Feels so good, but hurts so bad kind of thing, ya know? Hope everyone is well. It's been so quiet!

11/17/2010 01:40 PM
blondee8257
blondee8257  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

i do feel better as far as uti is conserned just havent felt up 2 par...bladder acting up w/spasms. u know i was reading today that most uti's are gone ater 3-5 days on meds but most drs give a full 10 days worth. have u ever heard this before? i do know the last one i had was a little over a yr ago and my gyno/uro did just give me 5 days worth but i didnt go to him this time so i got a full 10 days worth...yuck!

ive got a back massager that goes all the way up and down and i know the feeling...it feels good but kinda hurts also! hope ur back feels better i just hate when fibro starts around my neck and shoulders, the stiffness is not funny! hope u feel better!

11/19/2010 04:28 AM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I think the leangth of the infections are more than likely gone before the anitbiotics are finished, but I know my first urologist would rx me a couple of weeks antibiotics as a preventative. They like to make sure the infection will be gone for good, & that's why they rx such a long period of them.

The massage pillow may be what made my back so bad! I think I stretched the muscles a little too much & that 's why I've been hurting so badly. It's starting to get a little better, but as we always have to say, you just never know for sure if it's fibro or something else. My 'man'(lol) asked me the other day if I was getting sick now, & I told him that I never really know if I'm sick or not because that's how this all works. There are so many things that 'mimmic'fibro, & vice-versa that I never know if it's 'just fibro' or an actual bug until someone else gets sick, so I just always blame it on the wonderful condition I've been blessed with.

I got one of those AVO uti tests just to see if I had an infection. I did all three tests over two days, the nitrites was negative, but the leukocytes was positive on all three. I called the company & they said that if the nitrites was negative, then it's the IC causing the Leukocytes to be positive from the actual blood in my urine. I figured that's what it was, so I guess I can't really rely on that one. Wink

Hope you have been well the past few days. I haven't been on much because I've been feeling so bad. Hopefully this will pass very soon. (I had some chocolate covered strawberries last night, so I'm sure I'll be regretting it today! Just couldn't resist.)

Sending gigantic, yet gentle hugs to everyone here.

11/19/2010 08:22 AM
blondee8257
blondee8257  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

i got fussed at by uros nurse cause i didnt have them to culture urine...i know its normal for us to have blood in urine but it was other things that went along w/uti that was bothering me, i felt like it wasnt the ic. but who knows, the one time i dont go to uro i end up having one for sure! i cant pass up my chocolate sometimes either...heck ive cut most stuff out(missing pepsi)the chocolate cravings is 2 strong or im 2 weak one. if i go a couple of days without then i could actually eat a whole bag of recees i think, lol.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved