MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/18/2010 06:10 PM

i think my pdocs lost his mind!!!

shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Ok, so I went for my apointment yesterday & what does he do? Starts pushing on my stomach, all over, which he KNOWS hurts me like h***. Says he's trying to figure out why I'm hurting so badly in my pelvic area & around to my back. When he's done, shows me these exercises where I have to straighten my legs out & stretch my abdomen. I can deal with the stretches alright, sends me into a flair & I'm so foggy-headed right now I don't know which way is up. Maybe from the apt or stress, idk.

Anyhow, the next subject he touches on is my meds. Puts me on zoloft for depression & instructs me to take 5 atarax at the begenning of an anxiety attack, then 5 more an hour later & if this doesn't help, he's going to change to atavan. Then, he starts talking about flagyl. He tells me that there's a rare form of clymedia that may be causing the pain, & that it has nothing to do with ic. Are you serious?! Have any of you ever heard of this'rare form of clymedia'? I don't know wether to be offended or ticked off because the man I just left has cheated on me on several occasions that I KNOW of. We haven't had sex in over 6 months. Just a LITTLE confused, I guess. (If this jumped all over the place, I appologize. Like I said, I'm pretty fuzzySad)

08/18/2010 06:49 PM
blondee8257
blondee8257  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

there is a form of it called LGV chlamydia,the best i can understand if not diagnosed leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. here is the link i found:

http://std.about.com/od/bacterialstds/a/lvoverview.htm

i can honestly tell u my dr has never done that to me! but then i have had the same dr for 5 yrs now so u cant really go by me, good thing cause if he did i think i would probably slap him(i know my lower half would not appreciate it very much). my phy ther did show me a few stretches that would be good to do on a daily basis.

personally i like zoloft, it is the only one that really agrees w/me, have taken it for yrs much to my familys approval, i 2 had panic attacks for a while....ended up in hospital 3 times w/heart rate going nuts and finally was sent for testing to see if there was a blockage...that goodness NOT, just ole fashioned panic attacks. i wish i could help u with them but all i can tell u is that mine finally stopped after starting the zoloft and i did take meds for rapid heartrate for awhile but even that is normal now and have not taken it in a couple of yrs. just try and hang in there and maybe urs will stop 2.

that is alot of atarax(im assuming it is the 10mg)and im sure u r foggy, took 25 mg for allergies, then a couple of hrs later would take another 25 mg just to be safe and i was very hung over.

please try and keep us posted! will be thinking of u and hoping things get better soon!

08/18/2010 07:55 PM
nkier

I'm so sorry to hear about a tough appt. I hate when they press on my pelvis. I always feel like I need to go pee and when they press it makes the urge even worse. It's almost like a burning inside the bladder. I'm so tired of feeling like I need to pee. I don't actually feel pain so our experiences may not be the same. Vaginally I have pain outside and inside. As far as the disease you meantioned, I had my gyeno for years check me for what I thought was everything. I did not believe my ex cheated on me but everyone says he showed all the signs. I wanted to be on the safe side. The only med I'm familar with you mentioned is Zoloft. When I was on it, it gave me power surges like sticking your tongue on a 9 volt battery. My brother felt the same sensationss within his body. I have not heard about the stretches you mention but my physical ther gave me some that have to do every day. The stretches are for the muscles that can pull on the bladder/pelvic floor. I do them every day, hold each one for 60 seconds, and then I try and go to sleep. For some reason I have a racing heart rate and it makes it hard to go to sleep. Counting sleep makes you go to sleep when it doesn't work. Counting keeps my mind going and does not relax me. I hope you can relax and feel better soon.

08/18/2010 09:19 PM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thanks for the input, guys.

I do take the 10 mg atarax-2 4 times a day. I actually did take the 5 yesterday & it seemed to help a little bit. Did seem to make me a little tired.

The thing about the testing after I found about him cheating- did it all & was cleared, but my doc said that there's extensive testing involved to come to the conclusion of the dx & he wants me to take it since I've tried the bactrum 800 mg & it didn't do anything for me. I figured it was just the ic acting up. Burning, frequency, urgency, spasms & severe cramping, which my uro sed was retention. I'm gona give it a try & see what happens I guess.

08/18/2010 10:36 PM
nkier

Isn't time for you to be in bed??? I'm up way past my bedtime crying over my spilled pee. What time zone are you in? I'm in Rochester NY

08/19/2010 03:33 AM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sorry, nickie! I went to bed right after I posted that last night! Lol. I'm on central time-Oklahoma. Its now 5:30am. I hope you got some rest. Smile

08/19/2010 04:59 AM
blondee8257
blondee8257  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

trying it cant hurt.....

08/19/2010 07:01 AM
nkier

Thanks. So I'm the one who will be dragging today - no you!

08/19/2010 07:43 AM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I don't know about that! Lol. I haven't been able to get myself up out of this rut I'm in the past week! I don't know what's wrong with me. Hopefully the new meds will make me feel a little better.

08/19/2010 07:49 AM
nkier

I hope you are doing better soon. I'm sure they told you the antidepressant can take some time. I switched my antidepressant a while ago. We are still trying to find the exact dosage. It is not fun but usually has a decent outcome in the end.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved