MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/17/2009 04:27 PM

New here..wanted to say "Hi"

LeslieI
LeslieI  

I've had chronic insomnia almost my entire adult life with the exception of the time when I would drink myself to sleep but that's another issue and I am a recovering alcoholic.

For about a year I slept like a baby, then after some misfortunes (losing a job was one), I started having really bad insomnia. I literally went 5 DAYS with no sleep. I was so tired I was afraid of driving so I had my boyfriend take me to the doc who prescribed me trazadone, and eventually gave me some ambien. Well apparently I've developed a tolerance to it so I"m sitting here today exhausted as heck. I'm also bipolar, have severe depression and anxiety, agorophobia, and social anxiety disorder. It's no wonder I can't sleep.

Anyway, I just looking to make some online friends who share this miserable condition like I do.

Thanks for listening.

Leslie

07/17/2009 04:45 PM
amazzon

Hi Leslie! Welcome honey. I know how you feel but 5 days...wow! I am so sorry to hear that. The longest I have gone without sleep is 2 days. It hurts! What I have been doing now is just laying in bed and close my eyes until I fall asleep. It will take a long time some nights but I eventually fall asleep, especially when it's nice and dark. It works for about 5 hours of sleep, better than no sleep at alll. I will not take any more drug. I had been trying melatonin but I started getting headaches. I did not like the feeling. I hope you find a way to get some sleep honey.

I hope you like it here honey. The more you post, the more responses you get from members, the more friends you make. Laughing

07/17/2009 06:30 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

07/17/2009 07:06 PM
LeslieI
LeslieI  

you are so sweet and thank you. I'll definately be posting hereCool

07/17/2009 07:08 PM
LeslieI
LeslieI  

cool pic and thanks! By the way I love the saying by Roosevelt. I once got a card from a friend with that on itSmile

07/18/2009 04:59 AM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

Hi Leslie, welcome to this wonderful group of sleepless people.

You do have a basket full of maladies, most of us do. My daughter has Bipolar1 and she is struggling with sleep also.

You did find a marvelous site though, and we are so glad you are with us now. My sleeping patterns are really off kilter here lately, I usually crash about one in the morning and awake by four or five. And that is great for me, I have insomnia most nights. I have just found here lately that I am so darn tired, I try not to fight the sleep anymore. I know it will be short lived though, it always is.

Stick with us and you will meet some of the worlds most fantastic people and get some valuable information.

If you ever need to talk or need a shoulder to lean on, you are more than welcome to PM me anytime.

Sleepy Hugs,

Elizabeth

You know these guys on the forum, they have wings on their backs!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved