MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/17/2009 08:44 AM

Another Insomniac New to Group not MDJ

Canuck
Canuck  

Hello folks. Fellow insomniac here. I have really not had a good night's sleep since I was about 12, no kidding, have two kids, am dealing with going through treatment for late stage lyme disease, and now only get about two good hours a night/morning. I have 'been there done that' with everything you can imagine to aid in sleep, have take enough meds TO sleep that would probably kill my horse, yet, still no sleep. Just wanted to say hello to another group of people who suffer from the same problem.Smile

03/10/2009 09:39 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

I know the feeling but for me it has been since i was 8

i have a daughter and one on the way

the only thing i find that helps my sleep in seroqual at a low dose

03/13/2009 12:09 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Thanks dreams. I am so excited for you-- you know what I said right - don't find out what it is! The best surprise, and in life there aren't many left.. Either way, keep us posted on how you are doing ...

03/16/2009 06:18 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Yeah, it's been years that I've had insomnia too, since childhood. Always a light and restless sleeper. Any noise, dream, going to the bathroom, allergies, pain of any kind, or thoughts on my mind could keep me awake. I have been on sleep aids for years now. I even taking trazadone which is strong enough to put down a horse. I am taking ambien now but it doesn't work so well either. Would have to take 2 Ambien to get a full night sleep. I am so sick of it. I was out of meds last night. I took 1 Benadryl, so I wouldn't be so tired I couldn't get up. But I only got maybe 3 hours of sleep. I tossed and turned most of the night. Thank goodness, I don't work in the mornings but I do get up to take kids to school and I work part time evenings. I usually have to nap till it's time to pick up my kids otherwise, I wouldn't be able to help them or work at night. I get the bare mininium done of housework and the bare minimum for myself done. Why, because I can't sleep at night and I have to make up for it during the day. I cannot go without sleep like others can. I am very grouchy, impatient and not able to focus without sleep. It sucks to say the least!

03/16/2009 09:13 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Did I say that I went to my doc. when I was 12 and complained of insomnia? In his sweet Asian accent he told me to cure it by drinking OVALTINE!

You use the horse thing too- so true. I had to take two ambien, two of this / that with it, such a pain. I haven't slept since Saturday night, cried all night frustrated. Stayed up feeling like I could vomit all day.

I could nap but then feel ten times worse, but boy that would be great to get one and feel refreshed just once.

Rach you should see how cranky I am . I am like a posessed evil witch if I don't get to make up for it in the am/somehow. It's like I really am a different /not nice person.

Or I get up bawling my eyes out and look at the kids thinking that its' going to be one long day!

Your wheels are always spinning, signs of a higher mind right?Smile Or a worry wart. I am a worry wart and can't shut down the brain as I have the best ideas in the middle of the night

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved