River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I sure didn't but here I am again anyway. Anyone else awake. HUGS River

09/28/2009 06:29 AM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

Oh River, you poor thing, always up here lately and by yourself. I wake up all through the night and I used to get on the computer. I made myself quit because before I knew it, it would be morning and I would not sleep at all. I now wake up and make myself get right back into bed and nothing else, otherwise, I would be miserable the next morning. I also have found myself taking 2 tylenol PM's now before bed, this has been helping me fall asleep and go back to sleep after waking up all through the night.

It will be just a matter of time though, before my body becomes used to the PM's and they no longer work for me. Sad

Big Hugs to you and Kisses to Clara B.

Elizabeth

09/28/2009 07:07 AM
ShoeGirl
ShoeGirlPosts: 166

I'm so sorry to hear this River. I hope that this week you can get more rest!

Just like Elizabeth, I also wake up frequently through the night. I used to get out of bed and either sit at the computer or watch t.v. Now I stay in bed and either read or do some PMR and it does help, some nights more than others.

Maybe I will pick up some Tylenol PM. Does it keep you asleep? Lately I've been taking pain killers (tramacet) from an older prescription. This is because I've been having pain in my legs, that actually gets much worse when I'm laying in bed. The tramacets actually help me feel drowsy enough to fall asleep, but not drowsy enough to stay asleep.

I took a Lunesta on Friday night and had such a deep heavy sleep that I slept for quite a while. I don't like to take these often, since I feel a black-out effect from them. I actually fell asleep checking my e-mail at my boyfriends computer. He woke me up enough so that I was semi-aware of what was happening, and carried me to bed. So funny. He thought it was cute. I did not. Haha.

09/28/2009 10:02 AM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

I am with you Heather, I would not like to be carried to bed from taking a medication. At least your boyfriend thinks it is cute and takes care of you.

The PM's are working right now. They do help with some aches and pains, but I do not like taking them since they do have tylenol in them and I am on Cymbalta and Amantadine. However, if i do not take them I would be up most of the night and probably in pain. Sad

Heather, tomorrow is the day you should hear something about the job right? Can not wait. My fingers are still crossed honey.

Elizabeth

09/28/2009 10:07 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

Hi friends

My hubby and son use a sleep med (OTC) called Unisom Melt-aways and it does great for them.

I wish we all could have the sleep of babes.

Lots of times I watch Hannah (5) sleeping and she looks sooo peaceful.

Sigh.

Hugs

09/28/2009 10:13 AM
ShoeGirl

I find the Lunesta really strong.

I don't think he realizes how frustrated I really am with whatever it is that is going on with me and how awful insomnia is.

You are right, at least he tries to take care of me.

I think I am going to pick up some Tylenol PM

09/28/2009 10:14 AM
ShoeGirl

Tomorrow is the day! Dizzy

09/28/2009 10:25 AM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

Bits, how old is your son? I have a 14 year old that has an issue with insomnia and a 10 year old for that matter that has a hard time falling asleep.

I should look into the Unisoms.

Heather, there is Tylenol PM's and Excedrin PM's. Actually, there is Advil PM's also and Bayer PM's etc. Look at the active ingredients when you buy one and see the dose of Diphenhydramine it contains.

The tylenol PM's will only have 25mgs of Diphenhydramine where the Exedrine PM's have 38mgs. It is the Diphenhydramine that helps you fall asleep. I prefer the Exedrin PM's myself because I like Exedrine for headaches and it contains more of the Diphenhydramine. However, when I have not taken anything for a while I will always start with the Tylenol PM's and eventually go to the Exedrin PM's because my body becomes immune to it and the change is what makes a difference at the time. Eventually, I wean myself off again and wait about 4 to 6 months before trying them again.

But, if you need something stronger and need something for a headache and body aches, Excedrin PM's are great.

As soon as you find out tomorrow, I want to know. Good Luck and stop being so anxious, I know you did spectacular! Smile

09/29/2009 02:31 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

Madison(5) has a problem going to sleep too. She's better now that she's on risperidone but was going to bed after midnight and getting up early every day. Jack's now started going to bed after midnight too.

09/29/2009 02:41 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi everyone after I posted this I lost my internet connection just got it back this morning. I was so lost. HUGS river

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved