MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/14/2009 07:55 PM

Melatonin and Theanine Combo Pills for Sleep

emendoza23
emendoza23  

Ok, Tina from the Fibro Forum just bought a bottle of this and has passed onto the Fibro group, so I wanted to share with all my friends here. I am certainly going to give it a whirl.

You can buy this at Costco or online, but I am going to check tomorrow at Walmart or CVS.

This is Melatonin and Theanine Combo Pills, OTC.

The tabs have 3mg melatonin and 25 mg of theanine.

Elizabeth

I will let you guys know if they are available at the local drug stores such as CVS or Walmart.

09/14/2009 08:13 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

Let me know how it goes, guinea pig!!! LOL

09/15/2009 04:17 AM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

Ok Amy, I do feel like the guinea pig girl. That's ok, if I can do anything to help us all out, I am on board. It probably will not be any different than anything else I have tried though, but we will see.

How's my hair, is it ok?

Elizabeth

Post edited by: emendoza23, at: 09/15/2009 04:19 AM

09/15/2009 07:11 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

It's fine! The tail though's looking a lil rough!

09/16/2009 04:05 AM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

Ok, I didn't want Amy to feel all alone in forgetting the Melatonin at Walmart so I also forgot to pick it up, and I was at two Walmarts - Go Figure!

09/16/2009 09:03 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

What? No string? Silly girl!

09/17/2009 04:21 PM
ShoeGirl
ShoeGirlPosts: 166

This may be a silly question, but I am curious to know:

What is Theanine?

09/17/2009 05:06 PM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

Hey Heather, here is a little about it.

Theanine (chemical name: r-glutamylethylamide) is one of the chemicals found in green tea, and is used to reduce stress and anxiety without the tranquilizing effects found in many other calming agents. Scientific evidence shows that Theanine stimulates the brain's production of alpha waves, making the user feel relaxed but alert and not drowsy. Theanine also helps the body produce other calming amino acids, such as dopamine, GABA, and tryptophan. As might be expected from a calming supplement, Theanine may be able to lower elevated blood pressure.[1] Theanine also appears to have many benefits for cancer patients.

This natural supplement comes from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. These leaves may be used to make an extract or brewed as a tea. Theanine is one of the major components of amino acids in Japanese green tea. In Japan, Theanine is added to chewing gum and soft drinks to provide a soothing, relaxing effect without making you drowsy or groggy like other relaxants.

Holistic health practitioners and herbalists have known for centuries that Camellia provides a relaxing and calming tea. Western scientists are only beginning to study the effects of Theanine and the benefits that this natural substance may hold.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved