MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/04/2010 03:21 AM

Before taking your sleep meds try this, it helps!

goldsguy51
goldsguy51  

An ER Dr. I saw recently suggested drinking a glass of milk about an hour before taking your sleep med. It really helps, unless you do what I did last night and it probably won't. I took my med with another huge (too much) shot of milk which probably diluted my med, so little to no sleep last night. But otherwise this really helps me.Tongue

04/11/2011 08:14 PM
SunsetQuartz
SunsetQuartz  

There is also a theory that penut butter and honey are supposed to help your mind get ready for sleep mood. What i find helpful is relaxing before I head to bed. If I am thinking - it doesn't work. Usually I come on here and write a diary entry. I didn't tonight and look - I'm still awake: although I took a nap today and according to my sleep therapist I'm not supposed to be in bed 'till 11:15pm. That was my mistake. Should have stayed up - but; my body wanted the rest.

04/11/2011 08:36 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Ladies, warm milk I am not new ro but peanut butter and honey is new. Certainly inexspensive enuff and worth a try. thanks both of you for sharing. HUGS River

04/12/2011 01:10 PM
SunsetQuartz
SunsetQuartz  

Your welcome - hope you sleep well tonight!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved