Ask a Question
08/12/2010 08:42 AM

Hobbies/Interests?

DBS
DBS  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Good Morning!

I'm curious, what do my fellow IHers do to relax and forget that they have IH? What are you able to do that doesn't trigger a headache?

I love to read, and I admit, I'm an Facebook gamer! I also like to play word games, things to keep my brain working and stimulated.

So, what does your fun time consist of?

09/01/2010 11:49 AM
STP

I really do not have any symptoms to take my mind off of, but I like to read, research, spend time with family, and play facebook games. Also trying to get use to the idea of exercising.

09/02/2010 12:59 PM
DBS
DBS  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I play facebook games too! Such an addiction for me! LOL! Exercising is something that will trigger a headache for me, but I really need to find something that I can do, like maybe swimming. I always feel better, at least everything except my head when I do some activity.

09/21/2010 07:03 PM
tammayberry
tammayberry  

I like FB Games (all games for that matter), reading, writing silly stories while in the waiting rooms of Drs offices, surfing for things to make me laugh, listening to music, spending time with family and friends, and I LOVE swimming. I am not a fast swimmer; I do a very slow breast stroke, a lap or two of the side stroke and alot of times I simply use the paddle board. Swimming allows me to excerise without getting over heated and jerking my body around. Getting too hot is a headache trigger, as well as too much bouncing around. I walk in the pool as well. I found a headset for the pool where I can listen to relaxing music to help me. The pool is my me time.

09/24/2010 12:58 PM
DBS
DBS  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I have often thought about swimming as a good way to get some activity, so thanks for posting this information! With IH, too much cardio can really get my pressure up, and it takes a toll on me. I don't swim well, and I never even thought about a paddle board! What a good idea! I turned 50 this year, and my body is turning to flab and I need something to get me moving. Thanks!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved