MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/02/2008 06:25 PM

Incontinence

beckyw

I had a complete hysto last November. I took time & healed well, I thought. By January I was ready to start walking & getting some exercise. I discovered that I had no control over my bladder (or anything else!) ... it just comes & that's it. It's like I no longer have a spincter. My gyno wants to run a very uncomfortable test on me ... says it my problem has nothing to do with the surgery. I've had so many surgeries that I don't want to do anything else. Anyway, has anyone out there run into this problem?

10/25/2008 09:44 PM
beauty4ashes
beauty4ashes  

I went through a time of some incontinence after my hysterectomy. It was mostly leaking from time to time, especially when I sneezed or coughed, but it was enough I had change my underpants... I was mortified! My GYN told me it was normal, and had me do extra kegal exercises to combat it. Do you know about kegels? I would give that a try, it worked for me, and is very common in treating urinary incontinence.

Is it more than leakage though? I'm thinking it must be if your doctor wants to do invasive surgery for it, but if it's not, I'd try the kegels for awhile before I'd consent to another surgery. Hope this helps some... (((hugs)))

10/27/2008 12:43 PM
beckyw

Hi Beauty Lashes ... love your name. My doc wants to fill up my bladder with water & test to see if it's leaking ... don't want to do that. I think it's getting better anyway. Of course, she said it wouldn't. Thank you for giving me your thoughts!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved