MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/02/2011 04:40 PM

Upcoming Hysterectomy

Walkinginahaze
Walkinginahaze  

Hello,

I am scheduled to have a hysterectomy including the removal of my ovaries and tubes in about 5 months. I just had day surgery last week to drain a skene's gland and that was a unique experience.

I have found that as time goes on, I've been feeling "off" I have been told by those that have had a complete hysterectomy, that I will feel like it is the best thing I ever did and that a sense of relief will come over me.

I have had various thoughts surrounding intimacy, dryness, energy, recovery, enjoyment of life.

This is my first major procedure and I really have no idea what to expect. Other than the removal of my entire uterus, and the 7.5cm fibroid that has been inside of me for an unknown amount of time.

I don't have a mother or sister to turn to for support.

02/08/2011 07:22 PM
mommyofsixFriend2U
mommyofsixFriend2U  
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group!!!! I had a c-section hysterectomy 5 years ago due to a rare pregnancy complication....I ended up having my ovary removed 2 years later and then the other failed....sending me into full blown MENOPAUSE!!!!!W00t W00t..My biggest mistake was waiting to get on HRT after surgery!!! I suffered with menopausal symptoms for many months before I talked to my doctor... Talk to them about HRT before surgery if you can.....There are many options out there....

Best wishes to you, Chris

02/09/2011 12:04 AM
Walkinginahaze
Walkinginahaze  

Thank you Chris I will definitely do that. Smile

02/09/2011 10:01 AM
mommyofsixFriend2U
mommyofsixFriend2U  
I'm an Advocate

Your welcome!!! I hope that your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery!!!Smile Please let me know how things go....If you have any questions or concerns about menopause I invite you to join that group....I'd really like to get more people posting there....

Best wishes to you, Chris

02/09/2011 06:37 PM
Walkinginahaze
Walkinginahaze  

For sure, where is that group?

02/10/2011 09:20 AM
mommyofsixFriend2U
mommyofsixFriend2U  
I'm an Advocate

Thank you!!! It's in womens health, under menopause....

If you ever need to talk, please let me know!!! Best wishes to you, Chris Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved