MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 05:55 AM

Hello there

phoenixreal
phoenixreal  

So I'm new to this (just diagnosed yesterday, as a matter of fact), but apparently it runs in my father's side of the family (my sister has had issues and recently had thyroid cancer).

I've been battling my weight for a long time, and had a lot of abnormal hair loss for quite some time, but my TSH came back "normal" and doc never ordered other tests. This time TSH came back high (4.83) when in 12/10 I had a normal one of 3.8, so something's changed.

I also have GERD, which means I take Priolosec, and sometimes antacids (which I've seen I can't take at the same time as the synthroid)

But anyway, I'm on the generic synthroid 2.5 for the next month before we test again. Right now I am battling heavy fatigue, so it has been a struggle the last couple months just to get out of bed.

I also have two kids, both on the autism spectrum, 3 and almost 7, and am graduating May 13th with my master's degree in school counseling.

But anyway, just wanted to say hi and intro myself. Smile

05/08/2012 04:26 PM
OrchidFlower
OrchidFlower  

Welcome to the group. And congratulations on graduating.

It sounds like you have a lot going on. Balancing two children and school could not have been easy.

It may take a while and maybe some dosage changes but you will start to feel better.

05/10/2012 12:49 AM
pinkapple
pinkapple  

Congratulations for your masters graduation!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved