MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/20/2010 11:01 PM

Just got diagnosed...

ruthiealeta

Hi everyone, well I got diagnosed with hypothyroidism about a month ago. I have a nodule on my thyroid that also has been biopsied, is benign and has to come out becuase its pressing on my windpipe and going into my chest too. Im so tired, my hair is falling out, my skin is a mess. im 60 pounds overweight and im having a real hard time smelling. Doc put me on sythroid, low dose since i have tachycardia too, and then we will up it when i start getting use to it. wheen yo you all thing that will be?...Nice talking to you all.!!

03/21/2010 08:46 AM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

ruthiealeta. Welcome to the group. Try not to worry to much. Everything will be fine. Be patient with your med and your self. Im glad you found us here you will find there are alot of others here in your situation. I have had hipo for over ten years and took some time to regulate. Once you do your hair and skin will improve and you will not feel so tired. And all those other symptoms should be a thing of the past. Feel free to PM me.

Scott

03/21/2010 10:49 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello Ruthie,

Welcome to our group ~~~

You certainly have a lot of the symptoms of being Hypo . I had most of the same ones when I was first dx d . Now, the hair falling out , scaling skin and weight gain have ceased but I am totally exhausted 99% of the time. Sad

You will need to be patient and give your body time to adjust to your medications. It runs differently for different people.

Glad you re here and I look forward to getting to know you better soon ~~~

Marilyn

03/21/2010 08:45 PM
ruthiealeta

Thank you so much for the encouraging words, I have only been on medicine for 3 weeks now and Im getting better feeling. Before I was taking anything I slept all the time, just go to work, come home and immediatley go to bed. Now Im able to stay up, and Im getting back into cleaning my house, thank god, which was just second nature to me when I was healthy, however now I just have to rest between doing things. Im just really nervouse about the surgery, I guess Im not too fond of someone cutting around by my throat for 2-3 hours Smile. Have any of you had thyroid surgery? My doctor says I will have to be off work for 2-3 weeks. Thanks again for the encouragement, you all are wonderful. Ruthie

03/22/2010 06:07 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Ruthie,

Great to see you here with us again ~~~ Smile

I am glad to hear that you re feeling better. That must mean your meds are working properly or at least helping !!!

I am sorry, however, to hear that you will be having thyroid surgery and will keep you in my prayers for good results and a speedy recovery period.

Do you know yet when your surgery will be ? Please keep us posted, if you don t mind. We ll all be here waiting to hear the results.

Please don t worry and trust your dr. ~~~ That way you will feel much better about undergoing such a procedure and possibly even someone here will pop in that has gone thru it and can reassure you to some degree.

Feel free to PM me anytime you feel the need to fret ~~~ Wink

Marilyn

03/23/2010 12:44 AM
pinkapple
pinkapple  

Hi Ruthie

Don't be scared. You'll be under good hands (((((hugs))))))

I've never had thyroid surgery before, but I've had surgery for benign breast tumor. I was put to sleep and feel no pain at all, except a mild sharp pains few days after that...just for a while...on and off..

I hope you have a very successful surgery and recover well.

Take care

Smile

03/24/2010 05:24 PM
ruthiealeta

Thank you Marilyn and Pinkapple, for the nice words. I will keep you updated on when I decide to have the surgery. Ruthie

03/25/2010 05:11 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

ruthiealeta. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated on how you are as and when you will have the surgery. Your input here is very important.

Scott

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved