MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/07/2009 02:56 PM

new here and have a question

andytamiblack

i have a question i have had hypothyroidism that ive know about for 8 years and havnt been able to lose weight what do you guys do to help you lose weight

10/07/2009 03:19 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

I can't really help too much with this question. I lost the weight that I put on from my hypo pretty quickly once my meds were adjusted properly. I can't lose any extra though and to be honest haven't tried much. I have other health issues going on and can't exercise right now so although I do need to lose some weight, I first have to deal with my other problems. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

By the way, welcome to the group, it's a pleasure to meet you Smile

10/07/2009 03:25 PM
andytamiblack

thanks

10/07/2009 04:02 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

andytamiblack. If your thyroid is now stable and has been for some time here is what id did to lose the weight. Cut back on red meat. No one is saying you can't have it but for now you need to cut back on it. Eat alot more chicken, Pork chops, and some fish. Pork is low in fat and carbs. Salmon has good fats your body needs and high fish oils which is very good for you. Stay away from soda and potatoes and chips. Get yourself a scale that reads in oz's. You can only have three oz's of meat. You can have all the vegetables you want. But steam them don't boil. And most important get some exercise. This will help you to keep your energy level up and boost your metabolism. Good luck to you i hope i have been some help too you.

Scott

10/07/2009 04:10 PM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

After getting treated for the hypo with levothyroxine I went to weight watchers and lost almost 40 pounds. I lost every single week too. It can be done but you have to eat three meals a day (however small) and you have to drastically curtail your eating. Stay strict with yourself. I bet with the right plan you could do it.

10/07/2009 05:52 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello anditamiblack,

Welcome to our group ~~~ We re glad you found us and stopped in to ask your questions.

Like many of us, I weigh more than I would like to also, but my extra weight came on when I had to start a med for Fibro. It finally leveled out after about 15 extra pounds and I m learning to live with that.

What Scott and Yvonne have told you are success stories and I think we could all learn from both of them.

Sorry I wasn t more help but I did want to welcome you ~~~ We hope you ll stop in often so that we can get to know you better .

Marilyn

10/07/2009 09:02 PM
andytamiblack

well honestly i have done most everything you guys have said with the exception of weight watchers (were military and we live overseas) and i do need to excercise more. But thanks for the tips and the warm welcomes.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved