MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/24/2009 04:13 AM

Armour Throid taken sublingual... do you?

MsCtrl
MsCtrl  

So I heard about taking Armour Thyroid sublingual. I started trying it about 3 days ago. I put it under my tongue (a little sugar helps if the taste is too unpleasant, I think it tastes like clay). And the last three days have actually been the best three days I have had in months.

Coincidence? It could be. I'm not sure I want to try something else only to find out it was working. I don't want any more bad days. The only I may know, is if I stop having good days. But would that be proof it didn't work?

So I would like to know if anyone else has tried this and can say for sure it does improve how well they absorb the medication and how they feel.

05/26/2009 05:12 AM
txmedicalfreak
txmedicalfreak  

MsCtrl ~

I was on Armour for several months along with the generic Synthroid. I did feel better while on the Armour but, my endo took me off of it until I am 5 years out on my thyroid cancer. Btw, Armour does taste bad and it really stinks too.

Mandy

06/05/2009 07:37 PM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

Hi guys,

Yes, I was on armour and I took it under the tongue. The energy, not a whole lot, was awesome. I would take it on the way to work, that way I would be a little more alert to the am meeting. Also, this way it goes directly into the bloodstream, not having to be digested and all that before it gets into the blood.

I am no longer on the Armour. My Endo does not believe in it, as many do not. I am now on Brand Levoxyl, which has to be taken with a full glass of water.

Also, with armour under the tongue, you do not have to wait to eat or have coffee, since it is already doing its thing.

09/13/2009 11:01 PM
Wywy

If you were on armour and felt great, keep taking it. Don't listen to your doctor, you know your body better than he/she does. Your doctor doesn't have to be in your body, you do!

10/16/2009 06:42 PM
CricketS
CricketS  

After a decade on Synthroid I made the switch to Armour. Though my levels came back fine on Synthroid I never felt good on it. It was finally discovered that my adrenals were were not functioning well. Making the switch to Armour straightened out the adrenal problem and my hair quit falling out! Yay! I split my Armour dose and take half in the morning and half in the afternoon. This allows my energy levels to stay good all day. I am very happy with Armour but it does smell gross.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved