MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/15/2009 01:51 PM

Always feeling sick or sore...

hypoivy
hypoivy  

I have noticed that since I was diagnosed with Hashimotos in late February, I am constantly sick! With colds and sore muscles, sinus infections and toothaches. It seems like there is always something wrong with me. Yesterday I couldn't wake up for nothing! I got up with my kids and sat in a recliner and kept dozing off no matter what I did. I can't drink coffee because my cardiologist said it would react with my heart. Like I stated in another post my headaches seem so be tolerable now that I've been on levoxyl for about a month but, my dose is going to go up an a couple of weeks. I'm sure they will flare up again then. What tests should I ask my Endo about when I go in? I know I am suffering adrenal fatigue but I'm not quite sure what to ask my doctor about. Is ha going to think I am just complaining? I ask this because every doctor I have seen lately blows me off because of my age then reacts when something happens to prove my story. Any ideas?? Dizzy

05/16/2009 03:19 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

You have hypo. How you feel right now is normal. I felt the same way you do. It took a long time to get my levels right. But its different for every one. Not every ones the same. Hang in there. Feeling good is just around the corner.

Scott

05/17/2009 08:01 AM
txmedicalfreak
txmedicalfreak  

hypoivy ~ I think that you getting sick all of the time is due to the Hashimotos, since it is an autoimmune disease. Either from my fibro or some yet to be diagnosed autoimmune. I am constantly sick while my son is in school but, I do much better when he is home for the summer. The only thing that I don't get that goes around is Strep Throat? Tell your endo at your next appointment, there may be something that will help boost your immune system.

Mandy

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved