MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/06/2012 05:24 AM

Update

drgnfli

Well, I saw an Endo on 01/30 and he actually did a physical examination!! I literally have not been touched by a doctor in years, and I see one or the other every 3 months!! Anyway, he ordered labs, and not just TSH. I got a call from his office on 01/31 and they said I was hypothyroid and that I needed to be put on medication. HALLELUJAH!!!! I know it seems odd to be glad you have a thyroid issue, but I also know MANY of you will understand, as you've been down the same road of KNOWING there was something wrong, but being told you're fine because your TSH was "normal". So, after 10+ years of suffering, I at least have a chance at feeling better. Endo likes to start with the synthetics. I would prefer to be on Armour, but at this point, I'll take what I can get!!!

Thanks for the support...you guys are awesome!

02/06/2012 05:01 PM
Malorie

Glad you got the long awaited results. Hopefully for you you will start feeling the effects sooner rather than later. Although it does take a while to kick in. there's nothing better than being persistent with your health, and giving your doctor a push in the right direction

02/07/2012 04:42 AM
drgnfli

Thanks, Malorie!!

Post edited by: drgnfli, at: 02/07/2012 04:42 AM

02/07/2012 04:45 PM
AnnieGoose

good luck to you drgnfli.

please keep us all posted Smile

02/07/2012 07:20 PM
pinkapple
pinkapple  

Glad finally, that you've got it dxd (after 10yrs). Yes, it's a huge relief.

Hopefully that treatment will work well with you and make you feel better. You deserve it.

02/08/2012 04:37 AM
drgnfli

Thanks, pinkapple! I hope it helps, too.

02/14/2012 03:40 AM
drgnfli

Thanks AnnieGoose!!!

03/06/2012 04:41 AM
drgnfli

Well, after 4 weeks of the Levothyroxine, I've had to stop it. The first week, I felt nothing, second week, I started having very vivid dreams, but noticed my pain had all but gone, the brain fog was lifting and I felt more alert. Third week the pain started to come back and the 4th week, everything returned worse than it was before I was diagnosed, and I had some issues with my brain kind of short-circuiting. I stopped the med last Friday and called the endo's office. They recommended I stop the med (duh) and they want to see me tomorrow. Depending on what he says/does, I may be looking for another doc, AGAIN. I'm pretty sure I know what happened with me, but I'm very curious to see what the endo thinks happened. We'll see.

Post edited by: drgnfli, at: 03/06/2012 04:42 AM

03/06/2012 09:45 PM
Malorie

That sucks. I was on levothyroxine thought it worked a little bit after a few months only for my symptoms to return. I'm now on levoxl/armour combo and I feel a lot better. (so far) it sucks that there are so many different meds and dosages to mess around with to find what works the best, but hopefully you find your perfect medicine solution. There are ppl on here that say they didn't feel better for years after diagnosis. That's outrageous.. Good luck again

03/07/2012 01:03 AM
pinkapple
pinkapple  

Dragonfly, Sorry to hear this. It must be an awful weeks for you. I'm glad you'll be seeing him again tomorrow. Good luck.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved