MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/25/2012 12:56 PM

Mother of pan-hypopituitarism son(page 2)

punchingbag
punchingbagPosts: 7

That's something rare to my knowledge. PHP is not something which could be inherited, two children with PHP makes one think that there must be some problem in parents (sorry if that hurt), but as far as I know PHP can occur because of any reason. You must consult a physician ASAP if you haven't done that yet. They would need a lot of medical and psychological support. My country? I would prefer to not talk about. Smile

03/25/2012 07:46 PM
hypomama
hypomama  

Yes, panhypopituitary IS something that can be genetically based.

03/27/2012 04:49 PM
punchingbag
punchingbagPosts: 7

God! So how much is the chance that if some PHP gets married and his children take birth with same curse?

08/26/2012 09:23 AM
ron1

Hi all can't begin to feel what you are going threw.I was born with micro penis and small testicles but no other traits did have some illiness when young but most of my life ok.I was very lucky to marry a very nice woman who never says anything about my condition my age is 73 so best of luck.

03/01/2014 06:11 AM
jennieby

Hi! I never even knew this page existed! I am so glad I found it! My daughter was diagnosed with panhypopitutarism and hypothyroidism at 6 days old. She was in the NICU and before they brought in the endocrinologist we almost lost her. Her blood sugar was a very low 16. Since diagnosed, she has been on cortex, synthroid, a growth hormone, and when she gets sick we give her a shot of cortezol to help fight whatever is ailing her. The first year and a half of her life we were in and out of the hospital. The most scary moment was when she was 4 months only (on my sons 4th birthday) she had a seizure and her blood sugar dropped to 14. Again we almost lost her. Thanks to her amazing endocrinologist, she got through it. Now she is a feisty 4 year old who is an extreme pain in my butt. I wouldn't have it any other way!

03/09/2014 04:15 PM
mommyof2two

your story is touching, mainly because I am going through the exact same thing with my son who is only 2 and a half. He was born with hypothermia and hypoglycemia.. small optic nerve, micro penis and was later diagnosed with hypopituatarism. He is on levothyroxine, genotropin and cortisol. Everytime my son is sick I panic wondering if he will go into adrenal crisis. I do the best I can to determine when he needs a stress dose but it's so hard to tell weather or not they need it.. especially at his age when he can't tell me whats really wrong.. It' so overwhelming but your not alone! glad to see there are other people out there going through the same thing.. this condition seems to be rare even for a lot of doctors.. my pediatrician doesn't seem to know much about the details of his condition and neither does the hospital.. of course when i take him to the hospital regarding adrenal insufficieny there is always an endocrine who is telling the doctors in the ER what to do, but it's still scary when the condition is not common.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved