MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/30/2012 02:23 PM

How long does it last!?

Calypso1980
Calypso1980  

Sad After having read a section on this and getting the sought after advice. I consequently forgot everything I read and subluxed my right hip for the very first time since the pain started! And holy %&^$ I thought I was in pain before.......I feel like I have hot knives coring their way through my hip joint and it spikes all the way down to my ankle. I was just wondering if It'll settle on its own or if I need to go see my doc.

Its been a day already and even at rest I can feel the spikes of pain from hip to ankle. The hip itself bears weight fine its just extra painful so not worried there! but with everything else, one more joint flaring in pain is making me want to give up trying to live. Its so damned hard to live a life when everytime you act like a normal person it bites you in the backside!

Sorry I ended up ranting a bit just then lol. But it felt good! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

04/30/2012 09:55 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

Generally for me if I sublux it goes away in a few days. Sometimes less sometimes more, depending on what and how bad I subluxed it. It is truly awful. My hips are my worst spot followed by shoulders then knees. I try to stay off it as much as I can for a day or so and you can try ice(though the hip is difficult to ice good). If you have pain meds(I don't) that's a good time to take them. I know it's not much advice but I haven't figured out too much that works on the hips. Hope it helps a little anyway.

05/01/2012 03:49 AM
Calypso1980
Calypso1980  

Hey there!

It helps a bit knowing it should ease down quicker than I thoughtSmile its not as bad today as yesterday, but dammit my poor boyfriend is even more terrified of hurting me now no matter how much I reassure him we just have to go through a learning curve! Smh. My shoulders are usually my worst area, this is the first time my hips been this bad so hopefully if I actually pay attention to the advice I've gotten I can avoid this from happening too often.

I got in a hot bath after it happened and that seemed to help a little. Uhm also if you haven't tried it before, I use a gel called radian b and I put that on n it helps, at least it eases the muscles around the area so its one less painful aspect of it. You might wanna see if there's something similar in your area you can try. Deep heat is another form of gel that works well.

Thanks for paying attention and putting up with my ranting! It's so nice to be able to come here and talk to people who know what I'm talking about and not have to spend half an hour just explaining what I'm saying!

Big gentle hugs.

05/31/2012 12:04 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

Hopefully it's gotten loads better by now! Did you figure a way to make it hurt less? If so, write that stuff down somewhere and keep it safe!!!!! Yep, it's a learning curve all right! But hey, there can still be some fun in that curve as well!!

06/24/2012 11:27 AM
Kerrie1989
Kerrie1989  

Hot water helps me a lot too when that happens. I've found that I find more relief by laying down in the shower and pointed the shower head to the point of worst pain. ALso talking about gels, I've been able to get some relief from Voltaren Gel and Lidoderm Patches (These patches release lidocaine directly into the area). Ask your doctor about them. They have to be prescribed. For most insurances you have to get a prior authorization but it isn't a big deal, the do it at the doctors office all of the time. I hope you are feeling better. Stay strong.

07/01/2012 03:43 PM
Calypso1980
Calypso1980  

Holas! Sorry I haven't responded sooner, been a whirlwind lately! I've been good. Turns out I've gone and trapped my sciatic nerve at some point when my hips gone on me so trying to deal with a case of sciatica n trying not to do anything that could flare my hip n pinch the nerve further. Lol. Been successful so far so looking good. I'll have to ask my doctor about those patches too. They could come in handy! Thanks for the tip!

My gel is radian B . I don't know what I'd do without it Lolz! But looks like I might have to try volterol because mines disappeared from the pharmacy shelves! Ain't life just the most complicated thing! Grin.

Am staying positive though, it helps to know there's others like me out in the big wide world!

Big gentle hugs for all n keep smiling. Smile

07/02/2012 09:34 AM
Kerrie1989
Kerrie1989  

So glad to hear that you are staying positive. Sometimes that is the hardest thing when you are dealing with pain like this. I feel for you with the sciatica. The last case I had was just miserable. Glad to chat whenever you need it! It helps me to knowing that I am not alone!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved