MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/07/2012 02:55 PM

Catheter question, anybody know anything about it?(page 3)

SSLMD

Have you any news from the MRI?

05/11/2012 11:38 AM
mem6402

Thanks. I got my mri and they still arent sure about the autoimmune thing but they said i definitally do have that defect and that they have to fix it. They told me i need another mri because they saw " lesions" in the liver, is that just a fancy word for tumors? So yeah, thats it pretty much as of now, i dont know when they plan on doing the biopsy or fixing the defect yet but when i know ill let ya know.

05/12/2012 12:57 PM
SSLMD

"lesions" could be a variety of things that would have a different contrast. The most common are cysts, which are quite benign findings.

Post edited by: SSLMD, at: 05/14/2012 07:43 PM

05/12/2012 09:08 PM
mem6402

That's good. Hopefully that's what it is. I don't feel like having any other sorts of issues. They are doing another MRI on tuesday to get a better look at it I guess. I was told that they are going to inject me with something that's radioactive for it. On the same day, another firefighter in my department invited me to do a drill with him, I can do that right? I mean being near me after being injected with that stuff can't hurt him or make him sick right? It isnt like power plant radioactive stuff, its medical stuff. So it's okay if I hang out with him right?

05/14/2012 07:44 PM
SSLMD

No problem.

05/15/2012 12:11 PM
mem6402

Awesome. Thanks. Got my mri this morning... I swear i considered climbing out of that thing. I get really pissed off being in there. Maybe this is a dumb question but is it possible for them to allow me to stay awake and use a local anesthetic instead of putting me to sleep to fix this vessle thing? I really really hate being put to sleep and would prefer to stay awake. I'm really coopertive when it comes to medical stuff ( besides the mri haha) and i dont get scared or squimish or anything so its not like id give them a hard time if i was awake.

05/15/2012 05:41 PM
SSLMD

Ask; it might be possible. They would always have the action of zapping you with a short-acting benzodiazepine if they needed to knock you out. Use the Assertive Method to state your preference.

05/16/2012 08:10 PM
mem6402

Thanks. I will ask and ill let you know what they say. I forget what day but sometimes next week i think they are schedualing the surgery or at least talking about it or whatever.

05/17/2012 04:05 PM
mem6402

I read somewhere about 2 other people with this defect. One of them couldnt breath and his brain was being damaged because of the ammonia that was poisoning his organs. I also read about a baby whos whole body was swollen because of it because something about not being able to get rid of fluids. I don't have any issues like this or any issues at all which is awesome. But why would that happen to them and not me? And could it happen to me? Pretty much both of them were dying... So why would it be that it was so bad for them but im fine?

05/17/2012 06:44 PM
SSLMD

The signs you describe are signs of liver failure. That takes either a massive insult or a long time.

Post edited by: SSLMD, at: 05/18/2012 06:57 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved