MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/12/2010 07:36 AM

What is life like without adrenal glands?

shoonu
shoonuPosts: 186

I have had my one adrenal gland removed surgiclally two months ago because of an aggressive tumor. I was doing great. My testosterone level dropped, started feeling normal again until now. Now my testosterone is going up and I'm displaying old symptoms again. I have a tumor in my remaining adrenal gland. I go back to MD Anderson Cancer center in Houston in one month. I fear they may have to remove the remaining adrenal gland which will leave me with no adrenal gland at all. Is there anyone on this forum who has had both adrenal glands removed? Little nervous and anxious.

02/28/2010 02:56 PM
shoonu

Thank you so much! That was very helpful. I go back to the hospital in two weeks and I really want to understand as much as I possibly can. I am a little scared of possibly losing my remaining adrenal gland, however the article you directed me to put my mind at ease.

Thank you,

Shoonu

03/09/2010 06:27 PM
shoonu

The information was very interesting !!! I am also on the Li-Fraumeni Syndrome forum and it is common for ones with LFS to develop adrenal gland cancer which is normally very rare. I will have my results next week.

Biting my nails til then!!!!!! And my husbands!! Just kidding about his!!!

Silly

05/28/2012 08:54 AM
gmaaaj

How are you doing, I had both removed In October, I am always researching addisons because that is how I have to describe myself to emergency personnal when I am in a crisis, which has happened twice.Please read my posts and I can get back with you and maybe we can help one another.

08/31/2012 05:38 PM
cathy09az

I had my left kidney removed 12 yrs ago and they took out the adrenal gland now the right adrenal gland has a tumor in it and has to come out- .I'm very scared --has anyone ever gone thru this ?? And what it's like being on Rx for life ?? what are the side effectsETc...<< I go next week to see surgeon- about when is the best time to do it laprosopcically

10/26/2012 01:59 PM
frankbill

Why do need to remove the remaining gland? If your DX is Hyperaldosteronism. It can be treated with meds and low sodium high K diet. Even if meds cause side effects probably better to live with side effects then no adrenal glands.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved