MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/04/2008 01:06 AM

I'm new to this group

TannyBrown
TannyBrown  

Hello I'm new to this group. I have hydrocephalus and I suffer from headaches and panic attacks. I do have a VP shunt in my head, but it's not draining properly. But all I can do right now is keep up my spirits and I do get support from my wonderful husband & everyone on here as well.Smile

Post edited by: TannyBrown, at: 04/05/2008 01:40

"If there's no struggle, there's no progress".

Post edited by: TannyBrown, at: 04/05/2008 01:49

04/04/2008 11:46 PM
TannyBrown
TannyBrown  

I also want to say that I'll get more people who have this chronic condition to join this wonderful support group, so we can get it up and running.

Post edited by: TannyBrown, at: 04/09/2008 18:36

07/14/2009 05:10 PM
HydroPioneer
HydroPioneer  

Hi Tammy Brown,

I do not believe we have met. I came aboard about a month ago maybe more and upon finding me shunted way back in 62 made me the oldest. I was soon asked to become a co-host. I jumped at the chance. Since joining I went out and found a a crowd of shunteers to join me and hear the stories I had. I currently am pumping with a vp shunt which was given as a gift to me on my 24 birthday back in 1986 my one before that went for 22 the ones before that well you will ahve to excuse me but I can't seem to recall over 40+ years.lol

Ihavve since went out out and recruited over 25 and they are still pumping in.lol

How are you doing? I hope you have not left us.Cheerful

07/15/2009 07:26 AM
grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

TannyBrown , Welcome to the group glad to have you here . I too have hydrocephalous . I guess i am one of 2 here that does not have a shunt . I guess somehow i thought that if one had a shunt that all the symptoms pain etc etc would be resolved . I see now on this forum that it is not the case

07/17/2009 05:07 AM
monicad1974

Tanny...if you are on facebook find me I would like to chat sometime.

Monica Ball

www.pepperknowsbest.blogspot.com

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved