MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/01/2009 06:57 PM

Hey everyone!

musicgirlxo
musicgirlxo  

My name is Laura.

I'm 18 years old, and was diagnosed with hydrocephalus secondary to spinal meningitis. I was born 3 months premature and has the meningitis twice.

Since my first shunt placement (3months of age) I've had 4 revision (yeah-i know, not much!) The most recent revisions being Dec 20th,2008 and then March 6, 2009 following ICP monitoring.

I now have a Codman Programmable...

oh yeah...I'm pretty much a music fanatic, and i love soccer.

06/01/2009 08:33 PM
grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

musicgirlxo ,

Welcome to the group i am glad that you have joined us . I am 38 years old and i was never shunted Feel free to ask any questions that you may have or share your experiences as we all share the same here.

06/02/2009 09:04 AM
KwiteKontrarie
KwiteKontrariePosts: 1541
VIP Member

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the hydro group.

I suppose 4 revisions is pretty good all things considered (rapid growth of children and all).

I have obstructive hydro due to aqueductal stenosis, presumably a birth defect. I was not dx'ed until June 2002. I had an Endoscopic 3rd Ventriculostomy (ETV) at age 38 (July 2002) and a programmable VP shunt placed in Feb 2004.

Again, welcome to MDJunction!

~Mary

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved