MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/26/2009 07:36 PM

I am FINALLY home from the hospital

danigrl2u

Hey Everybody...

Well I have now had my 12th shunt surgery. I just came home today after being in the hospital for 13 days. I went in via the ER on November 13th and came home late today. I am SO glad to be home.

I am doing okay. Hurting a lot in my ribs and abdomen. The doctors replaced the distal portion of my shunt. As a result of a lot of cysts in my abdomen, it was causing my head portion of the shunt to be blocked. I had a CT scan before leaving the hospital and it was essentially the same as the one i had on Monday. My ventricles are still huge but as long as I don't become symptomatic, the neurosurgeon has decided to leave well enough alone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that this will be the ticket to getting me in better health.

Well that's about it for now. Just wanted u to know that I hadn't disappeared off the face of the earth or anything. It's just been a crazy six weeks for me.

Dani Laughing

11/27/2009 02:37 PM
KwiteKontrarie
KwiteKontrariePosts: 1541
VIP Member

Glad to hear you are on the mend, Dani! I sure hope this last surgery does the trick for you. Let us know how it goes.

Keeping a prayer in the air for you!

~Mary

11/28/2009 04:38 PM
grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

danigrl2u . Well that is great news to hear keep us updated glad you are home now .

12/07/2009 12:10 AM
ambernichole
ambernicholePosts: 8

I just got out of the hospital for my 10th surgery on December 3, so I definately know how you are feeling! Sorry you had to deal with that, being in there for 13 day is not fun! At least at UCLA, they tried to kick me out after 2 days. I was like trust me, I'll be outta here as soon as I can!

My abs & ribs are really sore too. It's like having lipo, a boob job & a tummy tuck, without all the benefits lol. The benefits are less headaches though, hopefully. Hope you are feeling better & have someone there to help you through it all Smile

Post edited by: ambernichole, at: 12/07/2009 12:11 AM

04/25/2011 07:22 AM
tomboykimi
tomboykimi  
I'm an Advocate

Amber, i found that funny. I hope TO find some relief from what i am feeling right now. And hearing from others. Makes me happy.

06/29/2012 10:12 AM
calfgirl11

I just had surgery last sunday and they kicked me out within 24 hours! They said I was stable and could go home, so I did. I have a piece of gauze stapled to my head until monday. This malfunction involved seizures and my shunt over draining to the point that it sucked some of my brain into it....ugh. I hope things are going better for you soon hun!

07/20/2012 09:37 AM
Amy262

Group Leader

Glad things are going better for you calfgirl, sorry I haven't been around in a while but mycomputer had issues nd eeded a tune-up it still has some issues but not as bad to the point where I can be active again

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved