MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/24/2011 04:09 PM

Cold temperature makes shunt tract on head hurt

2428ginette

Has anyone ever experienced sharp pain along the shunt/valve site when it's cold outside? I've had this nasty sensation since I was a child and the only thing that seems to help is to wear a warm hood or hat. Also, has anyone ever been plagued by a buildup of scar tissue near incisions? I've had surgery many times and one of the main points of entry was in my neck. I have tons of scar tissue and it causes me a lot of neck and shoulder problems. Massage therapy is helpful but is only like a band-aid.

05/25/2011 01:14 AM
BrainSqueeze
BrainSqueezePosts: 9

I get sharp pain along my shunt tract during cold weather too! it's been getting to -2 degrees C at night here and my shunt is driving me crazy!

05/25/2011 04:24 AM
tomboykimi
tomboykimi  
I'm an Advocate

i feel it occationally, but, since i live in Florida nad it NEVER gets cold, i dont really worry.

10/31/2011 02:39 AM
littleme
littleme  

Yes I do feel changes of temperature in my shunt. Sometimes it comes on so suddenly I almost faint from the pain!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved