MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/06/2008 08:19 PM

In denial

ShaSha10789

hi ..um im new too this ive been diagonsed for 2 years now and im still not okay with it i guess..im a 18 so i guess i wont be for awhile im afraid to have sex...evn though i have had sex .....but its like what are they going to say when i tell them....and what if they ask to perform oral sex what do i say to that and im embarssed to ask my doctor ...ive heard of dental dams but what guy is really going to want to use them....and im still having lesions appear on my thigh ....and my doctor never told me to take b12 so should i or shouldnt i?

03/07/2008 07:28 AM
sweetpea012607

B-12 could be a big help, or if you have a low immune system, try a multi-vitamin. There are millions of us living with HPV. I know what you're going through. I'm only 18 myself, but I've only been diagnosed for two months now. So I'm here to help if I can.

03/14/2008 02:22 PM
Lorilocks
Lorilocks  

Hi Sha sha

I am the old lady of the bunch I guess,but maybe you'll see that as more experienced. I have had HPV for about 20 years and had different sexual partners during that time. I was always up front with guys, back then no one knew much about "genital warts" as they called it. I never heard the term HPV till the late 90's, maybe. I just posted to another girl, your age with the same concerns. Look at it as a screening tool. Any guy that runs upon hearing about it, is not worthy of you! You WANT someone who is understanding and caring, not judgemental or a coward, right?

80% of the population has some strain of HPV many do not haveany symptoms or even know that theyhave it...You are NOT alone. You are smart to go into forums like this to ask questions, but YOU are you best advocate. Learn as much as possible about HPV, and most importantly get your pap as often as your gyno says...I can't stress that enough. and the #1 No-No DO NOT SMOKE!!!! If you do, quit now! Belive me, I smoked for almost 30 years, and its been a major Bitch to quit...I wish I had listened as a teenager when people told me that!

Warm hugs Honey...Be Strong!

Lori 40 in California

1990-1997 HPV, LEEP, 5FU

June 1997 Hysterectomy~Endometrial and Cervical Cancer

Dec 1998 Lumbar surgery

Aug 2001 Lumbar surgery

Feb 2008 Vulvar lesions excised,Vaginal biopsies performed.

March 2008 VIN3

May your Joy be Pure Joy,

and all your Pain, Champagne...

03/14/2008 09:41 PM
ShaSha10789

Thank You this has been so helpful ..im glad that i have people i cant speak to about hpv ive had it for 2 years now and im still not okay with it ? So having oral sex and having genital warts is a no no ......what if you stop having breakouts .....? Should I ? or not ?

03/15/2008 04:34 AM
sweetpea012607

That's both your choice and your partners choice. There will always be a chance that they will get it. I'm sorry you have to deal with something like this. I know that my partner says he doesn't care what he gets, he just wants to be with me; but I can't let him get it. So we've stopped doing sexual things for a while. At least until I get a normal pap. He's so sweet. I pray that every girl out there will find a guy like him.

03/15/2008 08:31 AM
Lorilocks
Lorilocks  

Hi Sweety,

You know, you don't *have* to be "ok" with having HPV. All you HAVE to do is take care of yourself, and learn as much as possible about this.Smile

I found this site

http://cme.asccp.org/faq/histHPV.cfm#7

and found this...

Oral sex has become an accepted norm, yet HPV lesions are very uncommon in the mouth. Essentially, oral sex appears to have an extremely low, but not zero, risk of transmission of HPV for recent studies report high-risk HPV in approximately 1/4 of oral cancers.

Hope this helps...keep asking, arm yourself with knowledge.

Hugs,

Lori 40 in California

1990-1997 HPV, LEEP, 5FU

June 1997 Hysterectomy~Endometrial and Cervical Cancer

Dec 1998 Lumbar surgery

Aug 2001 Lumbar surgery

Feb 2008 Vulvar lesions excised,Vaginal biopsies performed.

March 2008 VIN3

May your Joy be Pure Joy,

and all your Pain, Champagne...

ShaSha10789 wrote:

Thank You this has been so helpful ..im glad that i have people i cant speak to about hpv ive had it for 2 years now and im still not okay with it ? So having oral sex and having genital warts is a no no ......what if you stop having breakouts .....? Should I ? or not ?

05/05/2008 02:10 PM
angelisticflirt
angelisticflirt  

I'm 28 thats a little older than 18. I recentl found out I had HPV a month ago, I'm going to follow up with a doctor and do all I can to protect me and my husband. I know I don't have much answers now, but I will try to find out as much as I can and respond to help others. Its nice to know I'm not alone in this.

07/31/2008 07:37 PM
jessie123

Hey I am only 21 had it for 3 yrs and im only 21 I have had part of my cervix removed that was rough now i am so scared that i have colon cancer I wonder what is the best way to go about telling guys. I am really beautiful and have everything goin for me so it does suck but only one guy out of the 4 that I told was ok w/ it. but its worse when u have the cancer causing one like mine!

10/18/2008 02:11 AM
andy123

im trying Valacore. we will see how it goes. My wife seems to LOVE it.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved