MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/30/2010 04:49 PM

Diagnosed with High Risk HPV

Maghony

Hi I'm new to this group I was Diagnosed with High Risk HPV with a negative Pap I ask the doctor some questions about my results he told me that it is very commom and not to worry about like it wasn't a big deal told me to come in a 1year it doesn't sound right to me going to a diferent doctor who I feel comfortable about my results I'm terrified of this situation I can't deal with this it's taking a toll on my life I never told my ex-boyfriend my results felt he wouldn't understand now he probably met someone else and gave her an infection can anybody tell me if they was in that situation can a 32 yr old women most likely clear this infection I heard that young girls ages18-29 could clear infections quicker they didn't need to be tested for HPV unless they had a Abnormal pap I don't have a child now but I still want one I don't know what the future is going to hold for me just living day by day.

04/30/2010 08:31 PM
kali31
kali31  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi and a big warm welcome to the group.

You have had a negative smear test, which is great news. Most women only find out they have HPV when they have an abnormal smear. Your doctor is pretty spot on, it is not something to worry too much about at this stage. So long as you have your next smear on time, you shouldn't really give it too much thought. Just be aware of anything unusual, changes to your menstrual cycle, abnormal discharge, bleeding or pain.

Some people do shake the virus off, but it doesn't seem to be any particular group. Keeping very healthy is a good idea and doing everything you can to boost your immune system.

I don't really know what to say about your partner. If you have it, then he has it. But it is so common, most people who are sexually active have one or more strains of HPV at some point in their lives. You could have caught it at anytime in your life, from your partner, or from a previous partner. It is really not relevant and not worth getting in to a blame game over. I would advise you to tell your partner, so he can support you, you are obviously stressing and frightened, your partner should be there to give you the care and support you need. Equip yourself with all the facts, and make sure he knows that this infection will not give him any problems, only you- and then only if your smear tests change in the future.

Try not to let this rule your life. I don't like to say it is no big deal, because I know that it feels like it right now. But you are fine, you have no medical problems from it and you are having the right amount of pap smear tests at the right time.

I am always here to talk to if you need anything. There are some fabulous men and women here in this group, so make friends, chat to people and read the forum. There is so much information in here that, I hope, will really put your mind at ease. And you can ask me anything at all.

Take care,

Julie

05/01/2010 08:44 AM
jamied

I'm 33 and have had hvp for along time. I have been with my fiance for 12 years so my doctors and i think i got it from him but no one knows for sure. He has been very supportive with everything, all the test and procedures, but its not the same as talking with someone who is going through the same thing. I'm glad your pap was negative. Even though you have hpv it doesnt mean it will ever turn into anything, i know its hard to not think about it. Anyways im kinda new to this group too, so if you wanna talk or have questions i pretty much know everything there is to know about hpv from experience, if you wanna email me you can (jamie6276@charter.net)

05/05/2010 03:30 AM
kali31
kali31  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thanks Jamie!

You are most welcome, it is great to have people like you more involved in this group.

Julie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved