MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2008 08:35 PM

Im only 17 and i have HPV. help

SB03131991

I just turned 17 in march, and two days ago my gyno told my mom i had hpv, high risk. My mom didn't even know that i was sexually active. I wasn't really very comfortable speaking to my mother about this, so i didnt ak many questions. I was vaccinated with all three shots of gardacil, and i still got one of those strains of hpv. is that even possible? I couldn't get another appointment with the doctor until June 5th, and i dont know what to do until then. I dont know how or from who i got HPV. Prom is next week, and i just want to be able to live normally. I dont want to tell anyone, cause everyone at school will find out, and talk about me. No one will want to date me, and people will be afraid of me. My mom and dad are probably devistated. I've been crying non stop since i've found out.I feel like my life is ruined, and will never be the same. I am an idiot for letting this happen to me. Does anyone have any information or suggestions?

05/14/2008 04:57 PM
Flowerlove24

I found out about my hpv only a week ago and I was a wreck. I've been doing Everything I can to learn about it. Educate yourself on this topic, it's the only way to start understanding what it is and how to help it go away. About 90% of college students who are sexually active have some strain of hpv.. when I was diagnosed, this fact helped calm my nerves a lot. There is no cure for HPV, but in most cases it will go away on it's own. The key is not to worry too much about it!! I've also started to take B-12 vitamins to help boost my immune system and red blood cell count(recommend this) After one week of knowing, I've learned to stop thinking about it and live normally and try not to think about it. I haven't told anyone and I don't plan on telling people, it's our own personal business.(unless I meet someone I might become sexually involved with, different scenario) But keep your head up, you are Not alone.

07/31/2008 07:49 PM
jessie123

Well first of all its not ur fault I have it too and I have not even slept w/ that many people. one of those boys gave it to you. it is not that bad but is still hard to cope with. just tell them that u wanna be abstinent for a while after u find someoone that loves you they will understand i got it when I was 17 too!

08/13/2008 11:49 PM
aureate
aureate  

Yeah..I try to put everything into reality like its not my fault..but you knw what hun the stats for this virus are way to high..sum docs try and make it seem like women who have this are sleeping with every thing they set eye on...and in all reality that's not true.my niece got the gardisil shot at 15...it amazes me how young...us girls can be to catch...this....keep your head up mama...you have a friend here

08/14/2008 12:24 AM
Zimri

its hard

Post edited by: Zimri, at: 08/14/2008 00:28

08/14/2008 12:59 AM
aureate
aureate  

I kno you and I are in the same boat....

08/14/2008 12:35 PM
pixee

Boys seldom know they have it because they have no symptoms or diagnosis the way girls do with their pap smears. That is one of the main reasons it is so common. Boys spread it just as easily as girls but they don't have to go through any of the hardship. When you look at the stats and how high they are, it is no wonder that you don't have to be promiscuous in order for it to happen to you.

08/14/2008 05:59 PM
Sliver
SliverPosts: 10

the guy who gave me HPV didnt know he had it til i told him (he was the only possible person who gave it to me). he didnt mean to and honestly many of the guys i know who have it and truely are sorry they have spread it. the guy who gave it to me had to go thro the same thing as me where he felt he was a disease himself. im not trying to defend every guy out there that has HPV and is spreading it. im just trying to say that alot of them dont know cause there is not test for them to know weather they have it or not. and the few good men out there if they knew would not expose females to the disease. i know i didnt think about that when i first got told i had it. then i talked to one of my closest friends who has it. it really opened my eyes.

08/14/2008 09:23 PM
Zimri

the thing is i dont know any one that has it here where i live and no one would know what to say...how do you tell someone when they might get the wrong idea about you?

08/15/2008 10:06 AM
Sliver
SliverPosts: 10

first off no one is going to walk up to u and just say "i got HPV" its pretty embarrassing to even know u have it for the person who has it.

second just try to rule out the people u have slept with and if u really cant narrow it down than u have to go talk to each and every one of them. what i said to the guy i got it from is "hey i dont know how it happened but it appears u might have given me HPV since u are the guy i have dated for the longest time and i know the other girls u have dated are pretty sloppy." (i kept finding their bras and underwear places as well as their blood. i had a good reason to assume it was him). u just have to be straight to people about it. but like i said try to narrow it down so ur whole town doesnt end up knowing. but even if they do find out then its their loose for not looking past ur little kinks which everyone has. no one is perfect and ur not a bug no matter what people say. i got that from everyone. still shocks me when my best friend asks if i want to try his drink lol

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved