MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/10/2012 09:27 AM

Itching and Burning? Triamcinolone

oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Good morning Peeps! I wanted to pass along what happened to me lately, when the flare I've been in went raging, and the itching and burning got so bad I was ready to ___________. LOL fill in the blank with whatever you want to do when you are at your ropes end. W00t Shocked

So, my hubby's dr. rx'd this cream TRIAMCINOLONE for his terrible rash and itching from a med side effect. There is quite a lot left so I decided, in desperation to try it on the new aliens and fire-engine red area around them.

It almost immediately took the burning away, and soon the itching too! Smile In fact everything settled down and now, after only 3 days of use, the new smaller aliens seemt to be getting smaller.

Plus, the new sinus tracks that have been forming, I have been able to empty out with only a little pressure. I tried it just to see. I am one who says, "Do NOT try to drain them yourself unless they drain easily with a little pressure on each side, pressing down only." So that's how I did it. It worked on some, not on others. The ones that are starting to get fatter and softer due to filling with goo, I leave alone. No losing battles for this kid!

The cream is 0.1% cream CPL and came in a plastic jar. It goes a long way, since you are to apply a thin layer twice daily.

Just wanted to pass this along so you can ask your dr. about it if you have the same burning/itching problem at times.

I will keep you posted on whether it has any effect on the HS lesions long-term. Sure would be great if it did!!

Karen

06/11/2012 11:53 AM
CanFizzle
CanFizzle  
Group Leader

Well that's great news, Karen! Laughing I am so happy that you found something that works for your itching! I tried a few things before but nothing that really worked or actually made the aliens worse by clogging the wounds etc. I first tried Calomine Lotion & Cortizone Salve- both were immediate relief for the itching, but clogged the area & created bigger problems for me in the long-run so I do not recommend either of those! Anyway, thanks for the info! <3 Candace Tongue

06/12/2012 03:53 PM
gsantspree
gsantspreePosts: 1108
Group Leader

Thank you Karen, my areas have been itching and burning so badly too that I know just what to fill in the blank with! I wonder if my doctor will prescribe it. I was using hydracortizone cream 1% and when I stopped using it the itching and burning got worse, I wonder if this could help. You both are awsome!!!

Gwenda

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved