MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/04/2012 03:41 PM

Where I've been

RedSoxSalem

Well, I've been inactive on here and I'm sorry for that! But..

My life is really getting great! While my HS has been really bad this month (I'm actually starting to look like those awful cases on bing.com images) I feel better in every aspect! It's been over three months now since my last cigarette! All thanks to the wonderful world of vaping. I use a fancy ecig called a saber touch and am about 1,500 deep into this delicious delicious habit but am feeling so much better! I can actually get up stairs without being out of breath now!

04/04/2012 05:24 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Woo-Hoo!!! for you Salem, That is wonderful!!!! I also use the E-cig and for me it doesn't cost nearly as much as smoking once the kit is bought. I use the E2cig and the refills are not very expensive at the tobacco store. I agree that they are wonderful. I quit the first week in October last year and haven't had a ciggie since. Smile I really do feel so much better, and I know I must smell better! Tongue Laughing

So happy you are enjoying life so much. Keep it up!! Karen

04/04/2012 11:25 PM
RedSoxSalem

Throw that thing away and get yourself a real unit! If you're not looking to spend much get yourself a lavatube. If you want the best possible vape you can check out a Saber Touch.

Then, get with my friend at Vixenvapors juice vendor for your juices. Tell him DietSalem sent ya!

=)

04/05/2012 11:01 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Huh? juices? LOL have not a clue what you are talking about. However I love my V2Cig, which I mistakenly typed E instead of V earlier. To each her own, I say. But thanks for the tip, in any case. Always appreciated! Smile

04/05/2012 01:54 PM
RedSoxSalem

I figured you meant V2Cig - which is a known scam brand. They're known as "Kiosk brand" - basically sold in kiosks and gasstations. Marketing themselves as "electronic cigarettes" and high quality product. For that price, you could have gotten a lavatube! Don't worry, we all fall into that whole scam scene of ecigs. I've got a 200 dollar kit sitting around here that is HORRIBLE.

If you ever want to get into good ecigs, let me know.

04/06/2012 02:13 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Thanks for the tip, but I am happy with my V2Cig and it is not a scam at all. I don't know why you would say such a thing. Until recently, mine were only sold online but are now in tobacco stores to replace the inferior Cig2o.

I am glad you enjoy your choice of brands, and I won't say anything bad about them since I never heard of them and know nothing about them. Not that I would put them down anyway. Live and let live I always say. Smile

And can't help wondering why you would pay $200.oo for a vapor kit in the first place. I never heard of one costing nearly that much, at least not my brand. And I got 2 chargers and two batteries with mine along with cartridges too. Smile I am a happy customer!

04/06/2012 04:53 PM
RedSoxSalem

Well, to give you an idea, your cigs use what are known as "carts" which is outdated technology and produces a bad tasting lack of vapor. In the vape community they're viewed as a scam since they cost so little to manufacture yet the price tag is pretty hefty in comparison. I spend less than 5 dollars a week on a hobby that has me turning down brownies because my juice brownies taste better. It's like ink and a quill when ballpoint pens exist now.

I just like my cheaper, better tasting method. Was never meant to sound mean.

04/09/2012 11:52 AM
CanFizzle
CanFizzle  
Group Leader

Congrats on your victory, Salem! I also have quit smoking due to my pregnancy and thanks to my nausea- it was the easiest thing I have ever done ha! Tongue I could not even stand the smell of them anymore, so I quit practically cold turkey. I do not notice much of a difference in my flare-ups (most likely due to hormones) but I do feel better myself. Laughing <3 Candace

11/26/2012 12:46 AM
RedSoxSalem

I just thought I'd bump this and say I'm still smoke free! Vapin' away right now on some delicious "Crunch Berries" flavored juice. You can even taste the milk! It's so good. Vaping (or, more probably quitting smoking) has REALLY helped my HS. My outbreaks are far more rare now and I can actually go over a month without a breakout sometimes. When I do have a flare, it's not that bad. Only one golf ball sized one in the last 5 months.

11/26/2012 09:57 AM
CanFizzle
CanFizzle  
Group Leader

Congrats on your continued success! W00t

Unfortunately, I returned back to the nasty habit within a few weeks of my daughter being born. Sad I promised myself that I wouldn't... and here I am...ugh.

I did notice that as of last week (which was 10 weeks post partum/ 7 weeks of smoking cigs/ 2 days after re-starting birth control pills after the birth) that I had a new flare-up appear overnight & then rupture on Thanksgiving morning: lame. So, now we are arguing over what could have been the straw that broke the camel's back, in regard to what promoted a new angry alien after being very managable for so long. I think it was the birth control pills- throwing my hormones out of whack again. I mean within 2 days!? Hubby thinks it's the smoking cigs and that it took the 7 weeks of smoking to get the toxins back into my system & enough to create a new alien. Regardless, I dislike it all ha. Silly <3 Candace

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved