MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/17/2011 07:07 PM

Botox injections on 10/27

mhoobler
mhooblerPosts: 56

Hey Everyone...it's been a while.

I saw the posting for botox and responded there, but wanted to start a new thread for fear of hijacking the original posting.

I just stopped taking Humira a few months ago...it didn't work for me. In fact, I'm now testing positive for some lupus markers. I'm not being treated for lupus, they think I have "Lupus Like Syndrome" from taking Humira and Enbrel before that. I know some folks have had relief using these...but honestly, I couldn't have made a bigger mistake. Now, on top of HS (worse than ever, BTW) I have the signature rashes and fatigue and awful joint pain of Lupus. We're hoping it'll go away with time.

So, anyway...I moved from San Francisco to San DIego three months ago and got a new dermatologist...our first appointment wasn't great. He refuses to give me cortisone shots (the only thing that's worked) and prescribed BLEACH BATHS AND DIFFERIN...I told him I'd been there, done that (probably when he was in high school!). He asked that I give it two months (jump through more hoops) and if it didn't work (duh) we could try botox under my arms (he won't even look in my groin area, very weird). So, I'm going to give it a try and I'm hoping to be able to post here (or my journal if that's more appropriate) at least once a week to document my progress.

That's all I have for now...I've missed you guys. Now that I'm settled, I won't be such a no show.

Melissa

10/17/2011 07:42 PM
Wen66

Hi Melissa, Just asked if it was groin or armpits in the other thread but have the answer now. Don't ever worry about hijacking one of my threads, I wouldn't give a rats lol. Gotta love Docs who keep making you jump thru the same hoops that you've already been through Grrrr So annoying when they have that I know better than you kinda attitude. I hope it goes well for you and you get your symptoms to calm down.

Take care, Wen

10/20/2011 05:43 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Hi Melissa, so good to see you back, and hope you are able to be here more often now. Smile We miss you when you're gone. LOL I've been gone myself, on a 3500 mile drive to Texas and back, but am now rested and recuperated so won't be as absent now either.

I know what you mean about the docs thinking they know anything about HS when they don't have a clue, with a very few exceptions. I can't help but think that there are drs. out ther who do have HS, and wondering if they have been diagnosed with acne or boils or some other dumb thing, and don't even have a clue as to their own dx. It would be interesting if we could find out somehow. A dr. poll? Tongue yeah, right, they would answer. Hmmm, do we have the same dr.? Mine won't look at my groin ones either. They don't actually examine anyone any more it seems. Just click away on their computers and ask us how we think we are. Sheesh!

HOpe you do get a handle on your symptoms and your treatment.

welcome back hugs,

Karen

11/21/2011 01:50 PM
mhoobler
mhooblerPosts: 56

Hi Everyone...

Well, the botox didn't work for me. It was insanely painful, I cried like a baby the whole time. Twenty Five injections for each arm. I just got an email from my doctor recommending Remicade (the same category as Enbrel and Humira). He says the the only other option is surgery, which just isn't possible right now for me.

Needless to say...I'm bummed

11/21/2011 07:40 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Hi Melissa, I am so sorry the botox didn't work and that you went through such a painful experience. Hope the Remicade is more helpful than the Humira was.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I will never, ever let any dr. put a needle in an area with HS lesions, be it botox or steroids. I don't know of many, if any that it helped rather than hurt. If so, let us know out there?

Poor baby, I wish I could make it better somehow. Sad

Hug hug. that's all I can offer. Smile

Karen

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved