MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/31/2011 08:52 PM

Can H.S affect our chances off getting pregnant?

carmen92
carmen92  

The subject says it all...

Can it?? Because i know i want children, im just curious if anyone has had problems ovulating or getting pregnant because of h.s. Or is it possible

08/31/2011 08:54 PM
jackievoisine
jackievoisine  

give me a day or too and ill do some reseaarch.<3

08/31/2011 10:04 PM
jackievoisine
jackievoisine  

They have also determined that the disease is not contagious but it can be passed from mother to child during the late months of pregnancy. that all i have found with the exception of : HS is known to get worse during some pregnancys due to weigh gain and skin to skin rubbing, in some women it clears up during the pregnacy..hope this helps and ill keep looking

09/01/2011 11:30 AM
CanFizzle
CanFizzle  
Group Leader

Very good question Carmen & thank you for your immediate answer, Jackie.

I also pondered this question myself because I know that my husband and I do want children in the future. We are approaching 30 and we may want to think about trying in the next few years and I also do not want HS to hinder my chances of conceiving. It would also be horrible to be pregnant with a flare-up and you cannot do anything for the pain: ugh! Pinch

I was also wanting to have my surgery healed before I thought about being pregnant... so much to think about! Keep us updated on if you find anything else Jackie! Kissing <3 Candace

09/01/2011 05:45 PM
carmen92
carmen92  

Thanks jackie! Smile and candace! Ughhhh i wish these people would do more experiments lol i was just curious. I know i want kids in the future. I just hope h.s doesnt affect my chances

09/02/2011 12:34 PM
CanFizzle
CanFizzle  
Group Leader

Carmen, from what I have read, I do not think HS hinders the fertility or decreases the chances of a quick conception... but I do agree with Jackie that is can be passed from mother to child through birth. However, I think we all "know" by now that scientists/physicians are continuing to state the link between genetics and HS... but I have yet to find another person in my family blood-line with HS so I am not 100% certain of that link. But, I am still fearful to give HS to my child. It's the biggest fear I have with the thought of having babies... I would NEVER want my child to have to go through this...

Anyone with children??? How did HS affect your pregnancy, delivery and/or other aspects of the baby-making process? I would love to hear input! <3 Candace

09/04/2012 04:54 AM
word12224

I had mild hs before becoming pregnant. Once I was pregnant I would say it flarred up pretty much immediately. Before I got pregnant I only had them a few handful of times. The first one I ever got was on my eyelid around age 10?. 2nd on my chin at age16... And then from there they moved to my armpits and inner thighs and pubic zone. After pregnancy I had a much worse case. Before pregnancy I had treated at home but after becoming pg (pregnant) it became worse to the point I had to have a Dr cut and drain them. No anesthetic, but was more relieving than painful as anyone who's had hs knows how painful it can be. I do not think hs will affect your ability to have children. It didn't in my case! My daughter was not born w sores or hs signs.... I did have a c section.

Post edited by: word12224, at: 09/04/2012 04:56 AM

09/04/2012 05:03 AM
word12224

Has anyone or does anyone know or experienced after pregnancy... Does it slow down? I just had my daughter 6 months ago and I'm still 'breaking out' just like while I was pregnant and I notice near my period it gets worse. Sad with all this technology we have no cure for something so seemingly trivial

09/04/2012 10:49 AM
CanFizzle
CanFizzle  
Group Leader

Word- I am currently 9 months pregnant and I know my persona situation is that I have had less flare-up's, or that my HS has been controllable during pregnancy. I will update after I deliver to see how the change in hormones affects my flare-ups. I do know that before I was pregnant, I always got a new alien either right before/after my menstrual cycle...ugh. Anyway, we are here if you need us & ask away with any questions that you may have: we are not modest here.

I would love to hear more about you, if you have time & would like to tell us under the 'Introductions' forum? Laughing ::hugs:: <3 Candace

09/04/2012 12:57 PM
gsantspree
gsantspreePosts: 1222
Group Leader

Hi all,

On alot of the cites about hs, including the institute with Dr. Hazen, they are linking hs to hormone imbalance. We have so many hormones in our body, not just male, female, or reproductive. Our hormones pretty much run us. I am wondering if that isn't why some women get better and others get worse. It may be that the hormones either level out or become imbalanced. I am just wondering if our genetics may make us more predisposed to it but also what we are going through in life (pregnancy, periods, stress, you name it) could trip the imbalance we are predisposed to. But then again, if it was just hormones, why would weather have so much affect?

Just throwing some thought out there. Anyway, I hope that your hormones level out and less flare ups. And please introduce yourself Word, would love to get to know you better. Huggs to all!!

Gwenda

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved