MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/31/2011 06:37 PM

time for me to be honest..

jackievoisine
jackievoisine  

I have been keeping something to myself for about 3 weeks and I just cant take it anymore. About 3 weeks ago I started developing massive pains in my stomach right below my breast bone and threw out my intestine. the pain is a burning with a hot poker / cramping feeling, but here is the weird part it only occurs after I eat. I have tried only eating puree foods such as applesauce and yougurt which I still get pain but not to the degree I get when I eat solid foods. I have read that HS and some stomach problems go together, but was hoping someone else maybe able to shed some light on my situation. I know I need to go to the doctors, but I cant afford it my insurance sucks and I dont have the 65 dollar co-pay. I haven't even been able to get in to get my blood presure medication or my pain pills for over 2 months. I have contemplated going to the ER, but really dont need those bills either especially if I want my under arm cut out the begining of next year...Blush

09/01/2011 11:36 AM
CanFizzle
CanFizzle  
Group Leader

Jackie, I am sorry to hear of your tummy issues as well. Like I said on FB, I also have had stomach issues for years... even before the HS appeared. My main problem is daily diarrea... it's horrible! I have never been able to gain or keep a steady weight for a 27 year old woman. I am about 102 lbs and that is the most I have ever weighed. I have tried & tried to gain weight, in healthy ways, but everytime you have the diarrea, you are losing all the precious vitamins your body needs. SO, this also adds to the fact that I am anemic (iron-low) and the fact that I am always tired, exhausted, run down... I think everyone with HS knows what I mean. But, I take a daily multi-vitamin and still... nothing. I am sure it's either IBS or Chron's Disease... because I do notice a difference when I eat gluten vs. gluten-free food... but when you are on a "broke" budget you do not really get to be choosy. Food is food, whether it's healthy or not. Ramen noodles or applesauce... But yes, I do literally feel your pain and after a while, I would break down and go to the ER or an Urgent Care center. You are going to get dehydrated or worse and you do not want extra medical bills on top of the visit, if it's something minor that you can control with perhaps over-the-counter drugs. Are you also having diarrea or just the horrible stomach pains? I use the anti-diarreal medicine and they have generic. I hope you feel better soon! ::hugs:: <3 Candace

09/01/2011 11:37 AM
jackievoisine
jackievoisine  

just horrible stomach pains.

09/01/2011 11:40 AM
CanFizzle
CanFizzle  
Group Leader

Have you tried the "symptom checker" on Wedmd? I am obsessed with that site and maybe it can at least push you into a direction of a few illness names that you can research and try to narrow down to a few that best fit your symptoms description? Also, do you eat dairy? Besides the yogart? I wander if that is hindering & adding to your stomach pains too. If you have any sort of gluten/dairy/lactose intolerance, than you may just need to stear clear of certain foods & drinks... which sucks I know... Sad

09/01/2011 04:11 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Jackie, so sorry you are in so much pain sweetie. Sad I agree that maybe you should be seen by a dr. soon, even if it hurts financially. At least the er (here anyway) will arrange payments according to what you say you can manage. I have had those identical types of pains, and coincidentaly, am again, mildly so far. I had a bad ulcer, and they can cause just the type of pain you are describing.

Hope you feel better soon, and can get help somehow. I understand how hard it is and had to do the ER thing myself a few years ago when had no ins. at all. I paid them $10.00 a month for several years. Tongue But I got it paid!

09/02/2011 12:35 PM
CanFizzle
CanFizzle  
Group Leader

I agree with Karen! Work out a payment plan, even if it takes you 25 years to pay it off. Get yourself checked out asap, before things get worse for you dear! Kissing <3 Candace

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved