MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/19/2010 05:50 PM

fever, pain, in for a fight

oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

So, I was fairly fine last week after ongoing battle with cluster of bumps which have decided to move in together. Kinda like an HS condo. Sideways I knew better than to stop my antibiotic just because it was down and not much inflamed. "But I did it anyway." (Martina McBride)

Three days is all it took to for the secondary infection bacteria to figure it out. "Hey guys!", the little bacterial regiment said. " Form up and head 'em out! And hurry, while here guard is down."

Now the abcess is back and worse than before. I have a fever again, which my system does not handle well. Guess I will go take another acetamenaphin and lie back down. Maybe I can read more than one page this time. Sad

O.K. I'm done moaning and complaining now, but I'm not worried cause I know you all have been through this and more, so will send me a hug and wish me well. Not that I'm fishing or anything. Whistling

I'm sure I will be up and at 'em early in the morning, but not as early as this a.m., I hope. Woke up at 1:30, finally got up at 2 and have been up since except for the 45 min. nap after my first tylenols this afternoon. love to all, send me good vibes, please?Smile Karen

08/20/2010 11:34 AM
mfox

Babe, you could have a super infection. get thee to a doctor! (Hamlet, and okay, it was a nunnery, but still)

08/21/2010 05:41 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Thanks for the concern M. Thee doctor is a good idea, but I am sick of dr.s and driving over the mts. Been spending a small fortune shuttling the bear back and forth for all these tests, and I already have my antibiotic handy, which is all he could offer anyway. I started them again since it's been a week since I stopped them. It doesn't take more than a day for it to start to kick in and already can tell a slight difference. But mostly, it takes the fever down quickly for some reason. Funny stuff, Keflex. My system is uber sensitive to it, and no other one has helped me the way it does. Too bad we are all so diffferent that way. Ironic. LOL, I wrote this at 3am it is now 5:40 and I came back in and saw I hadn't hit submit. Does anyone need a well qualified secretary? Laughing

08/21/2010 09:53 AM
mfox

Sorry you had a rough night. I'm glad the kflex works for you. I got amox for my mouth. it's helping. Swelling is down and pain is too! yeast infection should start any minute now, oh boy!

I TTO'd everything last night and i'm hoping tht will help prevent it. side effects suck.

08/23/2010 07:53 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

How is the amox working? Hope the TTO helped keep the yeast down.

08/23/2010 08:29 AM
mfox

the infection is STILL there! i can't believe it! the TTO seems to be helping, thankfully. i'm still a wreck. the extraction site seems to be doing well, but my jaw is still swollen and sore to the touch. thanks for askingSmile

08/23/2010 12:39 PM
thephoenix

Oh you poor poor dear. Many gemtle hugs being sent your way. If it is any consolation remember the bump or golf ball I spoke about about two weeks ago. Well it didn't fully drain so I still have the bump just not as big nor [ainfull thank god but guess what I have the one right next to it inflamed so I have gotten no relief of this crap. Well I take that back I had about three days in between before this puppy stated up. I hope you went to your Doc or atleast trying to. If you have a fever you have an infection (I remember YOU telling me that) Sweet cheecks take care. I really wish I was close by to help out with mundane stuff because you need some bed rest. How I really wish I was close. I will pray that your condition gets better soon. Lots of warm gentle hugs.

08/23/2010 01:48 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Awww, You are such a sweetie phoenix. Thank you for wanting to take care of me. I wouldn't even know how to act.

I am much better now since the fever is down.(see above,8/21/10) Smile Lazy me. Tongue

Soooo sorry you are having to fight stubborn drain resistant bumpie. Makes it hard for them to heal even temporarily if they can't drain. Dang things anyway! Begone bump!!! OK, I fixed it for you. Wink

Mine rarely do any more and the infection just goes back into my system to ambush another time. The apocrine glands are what get inflamedand swollen on me, and then I wind up with secondary infection, which the Keflex works on. The secondary abcesses will drain depending on how they lie, but the swollen sweat glands just aren't made to open up and it can get very excruciating at times. They are surrounded by that tough covering of tissue and skin. Kinda reminds one of turtle eggs, you know that leathery soft but tough covering? Ok, so I'm weird and a litte dizzy, but that's what it reminds me of. Laughing

Hugs back atcha

08/23/2010 01:54 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

mfox, sure hope your jaw has gone down some today. It should start feeling better soon. Takes a few days for most anti-b's to kick in. At least the pain from the extraction itself isn't lingering too long. Thank heaven for small favors, right?

My hubby would make some king of joke if I couldn't use my jaws. Something about resting his ears for a day, most likely. LOL

Post edited by: oregonnative, at: 08/23/2010 02:16 PM

08/23/2010 02:04 PM
mfox

hahahaha! Karen, the hubs is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY enjoying the peace and quiet! I'm either sick or stoned and I just want to sleep so he got to watch football and westerns all day saturday and sunday. I roused a bit around 10 and caught a couple of Nanny reruns. I'm headed back to bed now!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved