MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/28/2008 09:26 AM

Has anyone tried sulphur treatment?

piscespainter
piscespainter  

Hello all,

I have been away from the group for a while, life got a little crazy, but I am back. I wanted to share my experience with a sulfur based product, and to ask if anyone has tried this or similar products...

I still get the occasional break out on my face, and there is a product made by Bare Escentuals called "Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy". I found it at Sephora, so you can look it up online at Sephora.com.

It has 3% sulfur in it. The thing is, it is expensive at $28 for .07 ounce, but it got such good reviews I had to try it. Well, I tried it on my face, and it pretty much makes pimples vanish almost overnight, so I was impressed.

I thought, why not try it on any HS bumps that I have? I had a growing bumpie underneath my breast, that was painful and inflamed, but not to the bursting point. I applied this powder to it (a small amount) a few times, and I can't believe it, but it is shrinking and no longer painful. That is a BIG deal to me! I haven't told my dermatologist about it yet, but I am wondering if there can be some research done on this product to treat HS or something similar. THere are other ingredients, like green tea, and tea tree oil, but it is a fine, white powder that is applied with a small brush. I tried it on smaller bumps that I've had on my stomach for a while (not inflamed) and it seems to calm them, too, making any redness basically go away. I would love to find out if anyone else has tried it and what their results have been.

Hope this has helped......

Karyn

09/28/2008 08:43 PM
sisters4life

Wow Karyn i have never heard of it but will be purchasing some soon to try on my next flare up

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved