MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/13/2010 09:11 AM

Just joined Group

CatCuddler

Hi..I'm CatCuddler and I just joined your group. I am at my wit's end with this condition! I have had hidradenitis for decades. You all know the pain that's involved. It is now under both arms and both inner thighs. When the disease is active, it is agonizing to walk, move my arms, etc. I have a great deal of tracking going on. When will the tracking stop? When it gets to my elbow? Does anyone here have a good fix for the pain. I use Lidoderm patches sometimes.

03/13/2010 10:44 AM
hsshutterbug
hsshutterbug  

Smile Welcome CatCuddler,

Sorry about your struggle with HS. The tracking gets pretty nerve wracking.Especially in the tender areas you listed.

Hard to tell when the tracking stops. For myself I added anti-inflammatories and it slowed the tracking. You know how HS can be once it has its own momentum to go on.

Settling the inflammation HS creates and thrives on, helped me greatly. It aids with bringing down the pain levels.

Not sure if you have Tylenol 8's in your neck of the woods. I have used that for pain and it works well.

Hope you find comfort being here and may your pain be minimal.

The patches sound interesting. I shall look it up.

I hope your pain is minimal today and may you get some mobility back.

03/13/2010 12:29 PM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
Group Leader

Hello Catcuddler, and welcome to our great group.Smile

I haven't found an otc med that helps much for pain when HS is in full flare. Only thing that helps me is hot compresses several times a day. It really eases the pain and eventually helps abcesses to drain eventually. Hope you find something here that works for you. We all respond differently to various remedies and there are lots of posts to check out.

03/21/2010 02:56 PM
pomiju
pomiju  

Welcome! Sorry to hear your going through such a terrible time with the HS. I and so many others here know exactly what your going through. I hope you find some things here that help.

03/22/2010 01:45 PM
mfox

OMG! You get pain patches?!?!?!?! Karen gets PRN steroids. I am sooo jealous. I get advil. AD-FRICKEN-VIL. do you know how much help THAT is? This much ( ). How come everybody, BUT ME, gets drugs? Am I doing something wrong when I go to the doc? I mean, seriously. It's not like I straggle in smelling like Tequila & Scope. I don't ask if they know the street value on tylenol-3. I'm taking notes: what else should I ask for? Dang!

03/22/2010 01:53 PM
mfox

Oh. ps. Sorry I'm a self centered jerk. Welcome to the group! Smile I understand what you're suffering with. Its horrible. Maybe some hot packs or soaking in a hot bath with epsom salts would help ease the discomfort? I've had some really good luck with Tea Tree Oil. It helps to hurry the healing along. I think it smells like wet leather (the part that's directly under the cow's fly swatter) but its working wonders for me. I apply it 2x a day to the affected areas (same ones as you plus a few zillion under each breast and down both sides of my abdomen. It stings on the open ones, but helps them clear up. I hope you find some relief soon! Have a great day. Michelle

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved