MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/10/2011 09:48 PM

Newbie here...

nnnnnnicole

Hi everyone.

I don't really know how this kind of thing works, but I'm just trying to find some kind of support system, being alone in all of this doesn't make it any better.

My name is Nicole, 21 years old. I've been an addict since I was 17. I have currently been clean since August 17 and am on Suboxone.

I've just been very depressed lately. I'm on some kind of anti-depressant called Wellbutrin but I don't think it's doing anything. I have no motivation or energy to get a job or even clean my room and I sleep way too much. It's basically the same as when I was on dope, minus the withdrawing or feeling like I'm dying whenever I didn't have it.

Ah, well thank you for reading.. Bye all

11/12/2011 07:02 AM
missconfused

Hi nicole... well done you! thats really good and u need to recoginse what an achievement you have made, shows how strong u really are. Why do u think you are down at the moment? what made u want to stop in the first place? You must have made a decision to try find the good things in life? do you have a counsellor/support worker to help as well?

Try see the positives, although i dont know u.... you are on a path to better opportunities and choices rather than one to prison, lonliness or even death...

11/14/2011 02:43 PM
fleabag73
fleabag73  

Hey Nicole, I am on day 7 of some nasty dope withdrawals, so forgive me if I'm a little cranky, but I've been on my share of psych meds, I have schizophrenia,, my point here is, I think you REALLY should talk to your doc about getting the hell off it, god knows there are MUCH better drugs out there. And don't beat yourself up about anything, god knows I outta take my own advice......Heather

11/16/2011 07:46 PM
nnnnnnicole

Thank you for the responses guys.. First thing tomorrow I am going to make an appointment with a mental health professional and see what happens from there. I slept for 15 hours today, and I just can't keep living in this depressed state. I got clean for a reason and my life shouldn't still be like this. I'll post an update.

11/21/2011 07:34 PM
Sunsign73
Sunsign73  
I'm an Advocate

Just take it one day at a time. Change takes time. Keep us posted and stay strong.

11/23/2011 06:48 PM
indeep
indeep  

Dear Nicole:

Life is worth being clean. You are young and have so much ahead of you. I hope there aren't any underlying issues that make you want to get high but take care of yourself. Get out for a walk and look at the world.

Find someone who can direct you, keep you on trackand be there if you feel to "urge" Join a support group.

You can do it. Babysteps. Please let know how you are.

11/26/2011 03:26 AM
Pen125
Pen125Posts: 177

Hi Nicole and congrats on your efforts! What you're doing isn't easy, so be patient.

Are you aware of Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS)?

Your fatique and depression may well be attributed to PAWS, it's normal for your body to need time to recover. Ask your mental health professional and do some research on your own, there's plenty of info out there.

One little thing. You'll be reading about eating loads of candy and chocolate. Instead, try eating healty.

You're only 21 years old and you do have your life ahead of you.

My brother became an opiate user in 2004 and today is still an opiate user, out of his home, with his family broken down, a g/f who's an avid heroin user and a poor little baby born with withdrawal symptoms. I bet my brother, when he still hadn't entered the H world would have never though that his 34th birthday would fine him in the gutter.

Give your self a tap on the back and move on with your life.

take care!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved